Two new instruments

Share your sampled instruments and kits

Two new instruments

Postby juanje » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 pm

This is my first attempt on sampler. First one is a pad from Sunrizer with a little phaser effect. Samples are not fine looped, it was made in five minutes.

The second one is a delayed sax from Sampletank. There's no loop, only copy and paste de sample. I had to normalize the samples because it sounds very low when you paste them in the sampler.

It's quite easy to make an instrument from apps that support audiocopy. I love this app, waiting for audiobus update.
Attachments
Jarrepad.instr
(2.25 MiB) Downloaded 673 times
Sax DLY.instr
(5.47 MiB) Downloaded 764 times
juanje

Re: Two new instruments

Postby Eurypterid » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:32 pm

The sax is lovely - thanks very much!

Kelvyn
Eurypterid

Postby PaulB » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Yes, the sax is excellent. What method did you use to extract the samples from SampleTank?
PaulB

Postby juanje » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:24 pm

PaulB wrote:Yes, the sax is excellent. What method did you use to extract the samples from SampleTank?

I record one note then audiocopy and audiopaste to Musicstudio. When you audiopaste, the sample sounds quite low than original one so you must normalize the sample.
juanje

Postby PaulB » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Ok, so I guess you played all the notes you recorded roughly the same length. Thanks, I think I'll have a go with a few other instruments.
PaulB

Postby Bianca » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Easy way to do it is to buy an app called beat twirl.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 7494,d.ZGU

Connect music studio to sample tank by midi.
Create a track in music studio with a blank bar or two (to give time to switch to sample tank) followed by the notes you want to sample (at least one per octave)
Press play and switch to sample tank quickly.

Press record in sampletank.

Audiocopy the set of samples

Go into beat twirl and audio paste the recording.

Use beat twirl to split the recording into individual samples then email that to yourself.
Last edited by Bianca on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bianca

Postby PaulB » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Excellent suggestion Bianca, thank you. I think I can do all the Beat Twirl operations in Cubasis, which I already own, so that should speed things up a bit.

Now I just have to work out how to post a .instr file to this forum from my iPad. :P
PaulB

Postby 3dog » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:52 pm

juanje wrote:This is my first attempt on sampler. First one is a pad from Sunrizer with a little phaser effect. Samples are not fine looped, it was made in five minutes.

The second one is a delayed sax from Sampletank. There's no loop, only copy and paste de sample. I had to normalize the samples because it sounds very low when you paste them in the sampler.

It's quite easy to make an instrument from apps that support audiocopy. I love this app, waiting for audiobus update.

Amazing! I have a wind controller and was listing to that same sound in Sampletank but it didn't respond very well as either I don't know how to set up Sampletank or cc2 is not set to breath to control the vol as in MS. Well as it would go, when I imported your file and played it in MS I was amazed how well it sounded. I must say, having been a sax player, I have never found a sax sound that I could stand as they all sound like kazoos. It really blended into some play-along music, especially some big band music, I have on my iPhone! I haven't found how to control vibrato yet in MS but the sound has it's own if you hold the note long enough. I am going to try to layer it and see I can create a decent sax section sound. I also transposed it down a little to get a nice tenor sound on the controller to avoid having to play in a low octave. It's not like playing a keyboard.

When you say you record a note and then paste it into MS, did you have to do that for all keys? How long did it take you? Thanks again for making an awesome program that much better.
3dog

Postby juanje » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:32 pm

3dog wrote:When you say you record a note and then paste it into MS, did you have to do that for all keys? How long did it take you? Thanks again for making an awesome program that much better.

You can see the notes recorded for each sample in Sampler view. You can access the sampler double-clicking the sample in the Instrument panel. I used only 7 notes for this sample. You can use as many notes as you want. If you record many notes, the sample will sound better along the keyboard range, but the size of the instrument will be bigger.
juanje

Postby qkru45 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:07 am

When you audiopaste, the sample sounds quite low than original one so you must normalize the sample.
Try out our free http://www.spanishprograms.com and latest comptia training courses to get high flyin success in final and spanishprograms - i need to learn spanish exams, mcts goethe-verlag is also very useful tool. French assistant
qkru45

Return to Instruments and Kits