I can NOT get my guitar to record!

Share your sampled instruments and kits

I can NOT get my guitar to record!

Postby QDog101 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:32 am

I can't play my real guitar using the app.

I have a guitar IRig hooked up to my IPhone 6. I have looked at all the forums, Google, user manual etc. I have my IRig hooked up, correctly I assume because it works with other apps.

I have followed the quick start procedures and am at the point where it says "select an instrument".
When I go there, there is no option for your own instrument. I have gone to the "track" page and hit record, but all it does is pick up the built in mic vs. My guitar input. I do not see where you can select the input or even deselect the mic.
Any ideas, because this is driving me nuts!
QDog101

Re: I can NOT get my guitar to record!

Postby Bianca » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:21 am

You need to create an audio track to record your guitar.

Press the tracks tab
Then press the green +audio button

The 1st tab at the top should change to waveform
Press that

Set up the recording appropriately then hit the record button.

I'm not sure which irig you have but if it's the one that connects through the headphone socket then I'm not sure whether that shows up specifically as different to the mic.
Bianca

Postby QDog101 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks Bianca for the response.

I've done it just like you recommend, but that's where it ends. I'm using the IRig, plugged in through the headphone jack.
I've selected "track"
I've hit "record"

The next window comes up and that's where it ends. All that I can get to work is the built in Mic, even though my guitar is plugged in.

Do I need to select (or deselect) something on another page? I've tried every combination available on this page.
QDog101

Postby Alex » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:17 pm

The built-in mic should be disabled automatically by iOS when you plugged in your iRig. There is no input selection in Music Studio, it get the pre-selected audio input from iOS. A few more questions so we can rule out other issues:
  • Do you use the latest version 2.6.5 of Music Studio? The version number is displayed in the Setup tab.
  • Which version of iOS do you have installed? We recommend the latest, currently iOS 10.0.2, but it should work fine with iOS 9.3.5 too.
  • Which iRig hardware do you have? Is it connected to the headphone jack or to the Lightning port? There are many models...
  • Did you try steps 1 & 2 from this list?
    http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=12#Four_steps_to_resolve_most_issues
Image Image
Alex

Postby QDog101 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:08 am

Thanks everyone for your help. I finally got it to work! Not exactly sure what the deal was. I did restart my phone and think that did something. It seems to working fine now. Thanks agin.
QDog101

Return to Instruments and Kits