Future features for Music Studio to consider (My opinion)

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Future features for Music Studio to consider (My opinion)

Postby rikcobra » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Hello all! Recently I bought this app and the all instrument pack thing and i gota say, i'm loving it. I specially love it because there's a forum where people can discuss it, and ask features, and this is what sold it to me, the potential for new features and stuff, elevating it above garage band (because i can actually mix) and multitrack daw and nano studio (because this is both an audio and midi program, suitable for most all musicians)

I saw the features list, and here are the features I consider most important from that list which i would like to add my vote on (hopefully influencing priority of said features?) :

-Tempo track (and time signature track) - essential in my opinion, for composers like me who sometimes gota work with stuff like this
-Volume automation (maybe pan too)
-Multiple audio files per track (really important feature that is quite limiting if not present, in my opinion. garageband has this)
-More chord types: minor7, add9, 5, 2
-Mixer view (considering that right now for me mixing is a bit tedious since i have to switch screens to adjust volume or pan)
-More effects: EQ with more bands (of the ones mentioned i consider this one more important. parametric eq please? sometimes one needs to get certain frequencies, although the fixed eq works surprisingly well, i still think this is important)
-Guitar amp effects (of this just include a distortion, it is the only guitar effect missing that's actually necessary in my opinion, sometimes overdrive isn't enough. I think adding this would eliminate the necessity for audiobus [atleast for me it would], as i consider the only really essential guitar tones to be distorted and clean, the rest is bonus )

These are the features that come to head that weren't mentioned:

-Tuner (for guitar, i consider this really important to any daw, although i'm not sure if every daw has this, still i consider it would be great for on-the-road guitarrists that only want one music app on their phone that does it all)
-Pitch correction (ala autotune's auto mode, this could be a selling feature considering all the people who buy this and want to record their own vocals, but can't cause they don't sing well, like me, specially because this would be the first daw on iphones that could do this, i think :D Something like logic's pitch correction plugin, that let's you select scale, and tuning speed, and that would suffice )
-Live metering in track screen (gives a better representation of the sound than a static bar, garageband has this)
-Gain reduction meter in compressor plugin (i think this is realllyyyy important because the normal user won't understand much tutorials he/she might look up where they use gain reduction meters to demostrate compressor concepts, also gives a imo necessary visual feedback on what the compressor is doing, which is great for people who aren't pros, like me again hahaa)
-Parameters/settings for adjusting volume of specific parts of an instrument, like for example, the different parts of the drum kit (which would be really helpful for a lot of people, improving workflow and CPU usage, since one does not have to make another track to work with this)
-Adjustment to responsiveness of some parameters (mostly has to do with some things like the compressor parameters which are a bit fiddly to work with touch, maybe make it so we're able to input digits to be more precise?)
-Virtual instrument refinement (maybe iim just being picky or dumb, but sometimes the "machinegun effect" happens with a few of these instruments, like the drums, and i think this should be refined because people do notice that and might dismiss a great program because of something like this)

Well, i think that does it for my feature requests. In my opinion, these features are what's left for Music studio to become as good as any daw on the desktop, and certainly better than the rest that are available for ios. After spending 20 something dollars on this program, i certainly hope these features come sometime! In any case, this is a great program and i'd like to reiterate how happy i am with it, thanks! I hope to be done with my first song on the program, might post it around
rikcobra

Re: Future features for Music Studio to consider (My opinion

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions!

I've added "Gain reduction meter in compressor" to the list, also your list influences the priority of the official list over time. Sorry that I can't comment on each of your points, I have a lot of catching up to do after the holidays.
Image Image
Alex

Postby rikcobra » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:22 pm

Alex wrote:Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions!

I've added "Gain reduction meter in compressor" to the list, also your list influences the priority of the official list over time. Sorry that I can't comment on each of your points, I have a lot of catching up to do after the holidays.

Dude no worries its all cool! I certainly dont expect for any of this to be an inmediate update, im sorry if i came off as that! Of course this is a long term list for you to consider as the program matures more and more. Thank you for taking your time to see and respond to the post, i greatly apreciate it! Also ive had one las thought since i wrote the post. Recording audio in a different screen from the track/arrangement screen is a bit cumbersome, if it were up to me, recording audio would be more like garageband or logic where when you press the record button and if the audio track is chosen (guitar for example) than that tracks monitoring would be turned on and you would hear it while being in the track screen, instead of having to go to another screen to do it. For me the workflow for that as of now is a bit difficult. Anyhow, these are just my thoughts, certainly nothing that will break the experiencie or that i expect to be changed at my will lol thanks again for checking the post out, i apreciate it! Keep up the great work!
rikcobra

Postby Alex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Ah yes, we had "Audio recording in the Tracks screen" in the back of our minds for some time, I've added it to the list now. Thanks!
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests