The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Additional percussion features

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Additional percussion features

Postby MarimbaforJesus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:46 pm

I've had music studio for a few months now, and I've loved every minute of it. There's just a few things I would like that would make it even better.

Marimbas: Yes, I play marimba, so it's gonna bother me more than other people. But there should be at least one other marimba played with softer mallets. When you get down to the bottom octaves, it's like hitting it with rocks, which is not how a marimba is supposed to sound. I would love a slightly softer marimba. Another nice thing would be dead strokes on a marimba. Instead of rebounding, you press the mallet into the keys (please don't do this with the rock hard mallets).

Cymbals: I would love if you added a cymbal scrape and a bowed cymbal. Those two techniques sound pretty awesome when used right.

Vibes: In addition to bowed cymbals, a bowed vibraphone would sound awesome. So would vibrato and staccato (pedal up) or feathered (pedal very slightly down) vibraphones.
MarimbaforJesus

Re: Additional percussion features

Postby Bianca » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:57 pm

How about you record yourself playing a slow scale on your marimba and make an instrument:)
Bianca

Re: Additional percussion features

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:10 pm

...and if you do, please post them here :)
viewforum.php?f=10
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests