Previewing user midi files

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Previewing user midi files

Postby Maarten1978 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:18 am

I have a bunch of midi drum tracks that I found on the internet and that I'd like to use to build drum tracks in Music Studio. Unfortunately Musicstudio doesn't let me preview my own imported midi files. Previewing with the instrument on the currently selected track, is essential to build a drum track from different midi files.

I've started a thread on the Audiobus forum concerning this feature that is missing in every ios DAW I know of.

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comme ... ent_120720

In my opninion this feature would greatly enhance Musicstudio and would set it apart from the competion. Judging from the reactions to my post at the audiobus forum, there seems to be need for this feature.
Maarten1978

Re: Previewing user midi files

Postby Alex » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Technically it would be possible, but the difficulty is that in order to playback a MIDI file, it must be fully loaded into Music Studio's sequencer with all the tracks, instruments etc.
In other words, under the hood, previewing would mean the same as loading the MIDI file as a project and playing it back. Music Studio currently can't load 2 projects at once, but it could be done if the feature had high priority. Anyway, I added it to the list as "Audio preview of user beats and MIDI files":
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409&p=6346#p6346

The factory beats in Music Studio can be previewed because we added a hidden preview audio file for every beat.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests