Synth patterns

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Synth patterns

Postby MusicB » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 pm

There should be something like beats, but instead of drum kits, instruments.
They would be called patterns. Maybe you should include patterns in a future version of Music Studio. That would be cool to just select a pattern and any of us could add in a drum beat.
I play
Music Studio and other apps
Casio WK7600 and SK-1.
Yamaha PSR19 and e443 and MX49.
I'm also getting a Microkorg.
MusicB

Re: Synth patterns

Postby 1_Yui » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:55 am

Yes, the pattern system is very common in DAWs nowadays (In fact I don't know one that doesn't support them)
However, they work a bit different than the beat importing system actually included in MusicStudio.
Saving melodies would be pretty handy, especially if you work like me and have thousands of different ideas and old tracks on your phone and want to merge them. However, this could also be included by implementing export into a .midi-file of single tracks and import of them.
All in all I think that MusicStudio doesn't need a pattern system like known in many DAWs, as the copy&paste functionality is covered by the Grid editor, but the ability to save and import the .midi-file of single tracks, or even the possibility of importing one project into another.
I would definetly use it.
1_Yui

Re: Synth patterns

Postby Alex » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Music Studio isn't built around the concept of patterns. Other apps do patterns well, Music Studio has other priorities (speaking mid term), sorry.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests