Major changes to saves.

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Major changes to saves.

Postby Misocainean » Mon May 18, 2015 9:56 am

Hey. I've been using the app for a long time and love every part of it. Every part except for the saving mechanic. I feel a few key changes should be instituted in order to fix some problems that I find constantly reoccurring.
First and foremost is that there needs to be some sort of recent projects or way of viewing the last edited project. This would solve a lot of problems that occur when having multiple projects going at one time, or from having a large amount of projects in your save space.

The second fix is that there should be some way to recover recently deleted/ overwritten files. This stems from the first issue. Because there are no recent files, I find my self trying to be creative so that my most recent file appears on top( usually with 11111 in front of the title or 1 (Title) ). This, coupled with me being in a rush to save variations, leave files with very similar names. Couple that with the way music studio automatically tries to auto save over the most recent file when creating anew file, and you have a recipe for disaster. I've had several long ongoing projects deleted when trying to make new projects, leaving for a long period of time, then trying to save and go to another project. I feel that there should be a "recently overwritten" folder (not sure if it's possible on an app) or atleast change the fact that a new save automatically will try to over write an old save.
The last fix I think would improve the app would be folders. This way saves can be separated and storage managed so there is not an over cluttering of files. It would improve the overall functionality of the app and make the saved projects section more orderly.

That's just my two cents. I have no idea if I'm the only one with these problems or if it's a rescring issue for multiple users. Hopefully these problems can be resolved in future updates. Thanks for your time.
Misocainean

Re: Major changes to saves.

Postby Alex » Tue May 19, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks for your feedback! We have both issues on our radar, they are listed at
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409
as
  • Auto backup / trash to prevent accidentally overwriting / deleting projects
  • File list utilities: new folder, move/rename files
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests