airstash support

Official update plan and feature suggestions

airstash support

Postby ewewo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:50 pm

hi alex,

is it possible to add airstash support for user instruments and project files?
ewewo

Re: airstash support

Postby Alex » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:34 pm

From what I read about it (I don't have AirStash) third party apps don't need to implement anything. Install the AirStash app https://itunes.apple.com/app/airstash/id432347219?mt=8
In Music Studio, select a file, tap Share, select "Open with app" and select the AirStash app.
If the AirStash app is not in this list (Music Studio cannot change the list of apps for each file type), copy & paste would probably be the way to get files into AirStash. I put "iOS copy & paste" on the list:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409&p=6346#p6346
Image Image
Alex

Postby ewewo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:23 am

hi alex, you don't need airstash to test it. it is using webdav protocoll, there's free software to create an webdav device out of a windows or macintosh system. however, copy and paste is possible, but it would be very cool to stream instruments/projects from webdav devices directly into xms without having the need to copy them first.. i've converted a lot of my instruments to xms format and it would be so great if i wouldn't have to copy them constantly on my device. webdav is cabapble to stream 3 fullhd movies at the same time, so it might be technically possible to stream those user instruments, too.
ewewo

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Interesting! It's good to know that copy & paste already works :)

Regarding webdav streaming support, I'm sorry but this feature won't make it into the official list unless we receive more requests, because the list is already full of protocols and devices that a lot of users request support for.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests