Coming back from multiple solo/mute

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Coming back from multiple solo/mute

Postby AF-001 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:16 am

Hi,

After playing with the solo and mute buttons to hear how a few selected voices sound, coming back to the default situation is not easy: unless there is another way I ignore, one must select each voice in turn and undo the solo or mute actions.

So, unless there is already some easy way, may I suggest something like:
- long press on the "Solo" button: the currently selected voice, and that voice ONLY, plays in solo,
- long press on the "Mute" button: the currently selected voice, and that voice ONLY, is muted,
whatever the current state is.

Or some other way to get out of the multiple voices in solo or muted situation...

Best regards.
AF-001

Re: Coming back from multiple solo/mute

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Interesting, we didn't think that this was necessary when we implemented mute/solo.

:arrow: @everyone: If this would be beneficial for your workflow, please let us know, so we can prioritize this feature request.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Jmcm16 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:12 pm

I'll be truthful Alex, a master solo/mute button(s) would definitely improve my workflow. I have been constantly trying to push how realistic an orchestra can get in Music Studio (with AltiSpace). With over 70 Tracks at any point in a single project, it can take time isolating sections and rejoining them back, both with mutes and solos.

I would highly recommend this feature for both my and anyone else's workflow. I might also add the idea of Track Groups, with potentially Track Group Effects while on the topic of track organization. It would help me create the orchestra sections and help others isolate vocals from rhythm or any other instrumental configuration. It might be easier to determine the feasibility of track groups after adding the mixing view. (Buses in the mixing view may just eliminate the need for this idea.) I hope the feedback/feature suggestion helps.

- Jmcm16
Jmcm16

Postby Alex » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks, I added "Track groups" to the list:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests