Couple ideas

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Couple ideas

Postby Kolbaska » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Hello, Alex,

I've just looked down at the update plan list, however a lot of what you did write is not understandable by me, so I might in some ways duplicate requests.

Here are ideas I got:
1. Reversing note sound (not wav one but default/user instruments one).
2. Possibility to record any effect (like Amp, pan, delay, limiter, ...).
3. More flexible "Track Effects" page that would allow to use more than 5 effects (expands by using "+" button).
4. Sticking WAV tracks to the tempo (changing tempo will lead to faster/slower WAV sounding).
5. Somewhat similar to above but allows "resizing" WAV file by changing its width without cutting.
6. Different tempo for different track parts!
7. More user-friendly interface to observe track-recorded effects: pressing special button will expand "accordion"-like view of recorded effects.

Uff, I hope I didn't forgot something...
Kolbaska

Re: Couple ideas

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:46 pm

1. Reversing note sound (not wav one but default/user instruments one).

That's already possible by double tapping the sample (in the sampler's list) and tapping the Reverse button in the audio editor:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=13#Reverse_button

2. Possibility to record any effect (like Amp, pan, delay, limiter, ...).

"Effect automation" is already on the list: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409

3. More flexible "Track Effects" page that would allow to use more than 5 effects (expands by using "+" button).

Not planned for the next 1-2 years, sorry.

4. Sticking WAV tracks to the tempo (changing tempo will lead to faster/slower WAV sounding).
5. Somewhat similar to above but allows "resizing" WAV file by changing its width without cutting.

"Audio track transposition and tempo change" is on the list.

6. Different tempo for different track parts!

"Tempo track" is on the list.

7. More user-friendly interface to observe track-recorded effects: pressing special button will expand "accordion"-like view of recorded effects.

This will come with full effect automation.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Kolbaska » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Haha, that's what I was talking about :D

Well, misunderstanding:
That's already possible by double tapping the sample (in the sampler's list) and tapping the Reverse button in the audio editor:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/? ... rse_button

While this supposed to work for user instruments, I also meant reversing of default instruments like Grand Piano or Drum Kit, etc
Kolbaska

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:25 am

I see...reversing instruments is not on the list because we didn't develop the audio engine with this in mind. As a workaround, you could use Audiobus to freeze a MIDI track, and reverse the resulting audio track.

Track freezing will be added in the future, for now you must assign Music Studio as an Audiobus input and output, solo the MIDI track, add an audio track and record with channel set to Audiobus and "Play song during recording" enabled.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Kolbaska » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Alex wrote:I see...reversing instruments is not on the list because we didn't develop the audio engine with this in mind.

What about converting built-in instruments to User Instruments for further samples editing used in instrument?
Kolbaska

Postby Alex » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:07 pm

What about converting built-in instruments to User Instruments for further samples editing used in instrument?

That's prohibited by design because of copyright reasons.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests