Matching a tempo to an imported wave file

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Matching a tempo to an imported wave file

Postby ricardobytes » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:30 pm

I haven't been able to find any info on this, but would like to be able to load a wave music file and match Music Studio's tempo to it. There are a couple of ways I can see this happening - detection of beats, or simply Setting the start and end points of the song and entering the number of bars. This second method would not work for any song that had rubato sections though.

I had heard a tempo track might be coming ( or is it here and I just haven't discovered it.

No problem when I play from a MIDI keyboard to add some tracks to a wave file. But when I go into piano roll, it is a bit disorienting to see that the bars shown by MS don't align with the beat of the song.
ricardobytes

Re: Matching a tempo to an imported wave file

Postby Alex » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:08 pm

You haven't overlooked anything, tempo track and tempo detection are not there in Music Studio 2.6.

A tempo track wouldn't bring the functionality you're looking for, but it would allow you to make tempo changes in the middle of the song.

Tempo detection is not on the list of future updates because we don't have an algorithm for it...yet. I'll keep it in the back of my head, but I suggest that you find an app for tempo detection and manually enter the detected tempo in Music Studio.

:?: If anyone knows about an app that can detect the tempo of an audio file, let us know!
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests