Using Mstudio as external arranger - send midi notes keyboar

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Using Mstudio as external arranger - send midi notes keyboar

Postby thinkr » Sun May 29, 2016 5:11 am

:shock: Hi thank you for a wonderful product Alex! Thank you for your time in advance.
Looked in the list didn't see this specifically mentioned... unless you encompass all note events under CC as well.

My intention: is to use Music Studio as an external arranger for my Roland upright digital piano.
It has a built in sound module I would like to use for playback. My intention is to record the Midi note events with a Music Studio track, which I can already do, but then be able to play back the events by sending them back to the Roland piano via midi output port in real-time.

If not can someone suggest perhaps another app as work around example (midi bridge?) or make the request to be able to set a track to send midi note events to midi output... I noticed control & program change messages mentioned but not note events specifically...

My suggestion would be a setting via the "instrument panel" tab which would have an instrument labeled "midi out" I would think this to be the most initiative way. Only a suggestion...
Thank you for your time.
Nico
thinkr

Re: Using Mstudio as external arranger - send midi notes key

Postby Bianca » Sun May 29, 2016 9:41 am

Unless there is something odd about your Roland keyboard you should already be able to do it if you have the right interfaces.

See
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/#MIDI_hardware

You will also need to tick the midi out box in the settings.

Press the setup tab then the midi button then tick the box.
Bianca

Re: Using Mstudio as external arranger - send midi notes key

Postby Alex » Mon May 30, 2016 7:43 am

Right, Music Studio already sends and receives MIDI note events. To send notes to your MIDI device during playback, set the MIDI output channel to "TRACKS" here:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=10#MIDI_ports_.26_channels_popup
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests