Feature request note

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Feature request note

Postby vancutan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:17 am

very good software (although expensive!). I play for a few hours and don't want to go sleep.

Back to the point. the following are my suggestions:
1. apply more than one tempo in a song (I've tried a midi file with multiple tempo, it doesn't work)
2. automatic "send params" to the external device when loading a song, change instruments, or any other relevant actions.
3. automatic send drum kit to channel 10.

questions: Is there any way to enable stereo drum or more than one channels when midi out?

thanks
Last edited by vancutan on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
vancutan

Re: Feature request note

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks for your feedback!

1. apply more than one tempo in a song (I've tried a midi file with multiple tempo, it doesn't work)

A tempo track is already on the list of future updates: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409

2. automatic "send params" to the external device when loading a song, change instruments, or any other relevant actions.

That's a good idea for a setup option, I added "Setup option for automatically sending MIDI params" to the list.

3. automatic send drum kit to channel 10.

In version 3.0 or 3.1, we plan to have a channel selection per track. Then you'll be able to configure all drum tracks to send on channel 10. Currently, only track 10 sends on channel 10, we're aware that this is a severe limitation.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Josemayaf » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi Alex,
1. When I am editing......the notes depicted seem very blurry because of the shadowy touch (a flow)...That must be as clear and clean as posible (music is about exact synchronization) . In addition to,they are very dark, so they don't contrast with the dark background (e.g. At lower volume and by selecting notes)
2. When I am editing and hear the music.....the notes move, can't we fix it? so we can edit and hear at the same time without those annoying displacements?
3. The effects page is redundant.....if we are on the tracking page, we can reach them easily and better there over the fx button, more intuitively. That page can be use for a kind of a new interesting feature like "patterns or clips " music is made out of patterns/building blocks and it would improve the friendliness of music studio a lot......less note representations but much more quality of songwriting experience by using clips or music building blocks (bitwig is stone throw away from you... IMHO actually a music studio-bitwig studio could be a success story)....

I have many more suggestions, but for now, I would be more than happy if I can use MusicStudio, since FL destroyed themselves FL Mobil 2 Replacing it by forcing us to update (down date!!!) to a completely less unusable FL Mobil 3.....I really think now, the future could be yours if you reduce redundancy on the main page and rethink in favor of a more clip based application without loosing your current advantages :D .......many many regards and sorry for my English :(
Josemayaf

Postby Alex » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Thanks for your suggestions!

1. When I am editing......the notes depicted seem very blurry because of the shadowy touch

We'll try to improve the color scheme of the piano roll editor in one of the next updates.

2. When I am editing and hear the music.....the notes move, can't we fix it? so we can edit and hear at the same time without those annoying displacements?

If you scroll once (on the top menu bar), the view stops following the playhead and you can edit freely during playback.

3. The effects page is redundant

Right, we're thinking about an improvement in this area, for version 3 or later.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests