windows 7 for 64 bit release and built-in update requests

Official update plan and feature suggestions

windows 7 for 64 bit release and built-in update requests

Postby franz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi
I have already bought your Android release 2.01 of Music Studio but also new Korg nanokey2 mini very portable true midi keyboard which works with any other greatest Windows-based alike midi composing apps (FL, Cakewalk etc)

Unfortunately there are more annoying bugs and design missings in this release that I found later after buying this app as it has demanded for more time to test and experiments lot of maneuvres within small screen of any android...
These missings for the app design are the following that I hope you will fix by the next update:

1- there is no Direct Update button /link inside Music Studio app as in other alike app. Even worse, although you listed here that latest release is 2.6 or 3.0, the latest release provided in Google Play Store origin is that 2.01 with no other way to update! :?:
Modern apps already fixed this by adding a dedicated CLICK TO(check for) UPDATE button or link in the About or Help section of built-in menu. When XMS will do it also? :idea:

2- my nano key2 by KORG works at best with other alike midi apps but your app (Android) does not recognize it even if my OTG usb/microusb smartphone adaptor works well and Android recognize this device.
Better you should provide a really working/tested dedicated driver for these alike usb/otg keyboards! :idea:

3- or even better than anything...just provide Windows release :idea: for your great app as usb drivers for korg midi and all other keyboards today are already fixed with Windows and Windows 7 64 bit release is best doing this for even more complex alike apps Fruity Loops etc

I am anyway ready to buy also but especially Windows release XMS for a decent supplement price from that I paid but not able to use because of these unmatching keyboard drivers compatible with xms in android).

Finally I am sure that these aspects match the most of your today users needs even more than you may expect since Windows 7-10 still rulez global wide market due to more flexibility and user control, much better supported today by new laptops 64 bits 3G RAM etc and all keys are full USB compatible in Windows not Android or even worse in Apple... 8-)
franz

Re: windows 7 for 64 bit release and built-in update request

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:44 am

Thanks for your feedback!

1- there is no Direct Update button /link inside Music Studio app as in other alike app. Even worse, although you listed here that latest release is 2.6 or 3.0, the latest release provided in Google Play Store origin is that 2.01 with no other way to update!

No, the latest Music Studio Android version is 2.0.3, on iOS it's 2.7.1, and version 3 is planned for later this year. It's all listed at http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/overview/

2- my nano key2 by KORG works at best with other alike midi apps but your app (Android) does not recognize it

As you can see in the comparison table, Music Studio for Android does not support external MIDI hardware yet. This feature will be added in version 3.

3- or even better than anything...just provide Windows release

If it were just that easy, we would gladly just release it tomorrow ;)
However, porting an app from one platform to another takes time. We're currently working on synchronizing the iOS and Android versions, then we'll think about porting to Windows and macOS. In any case, a Windows version of Music Studio is still years away, unfortunately.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests