Audio Units (AUv3) support?

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Audio Units (AUv3) support?

Postby jwmmakerofmusic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello there,

Will Music Studio iOS soon have AUv3 support? This would considerably expand what mixing options and synth options we currently have in this already incredible evolving app from the classic era of iOS music making. Please let me know, thanks. :)
jwmmakerofmusic

Re: Audio Units (AUv3) support?

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 am

Audio Unit Extension (AUv3 or also called AUX) support is listed as high priority feature at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409, but Music Studio won't receive this update in 2017 because the Music Studio 3 update is our priority.

However, now that Audiobus 3 supports AUX and Music Studio supports Audiobus 3, there is a way to use AUX instruments and effects with Music Studio: http://www.audiob.us
Image Image
Alex

Postby Bianca » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am

How would I control 2 or more au instruments from music studio in AB3 then?
Bianca

Postby jwmmakerofmusic » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Alex wrote:Audio Unit Extension (AUv3 or also called AUX) support is listed as high priority feature at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409, but Music Studio won't receive this update in 2017 because the Music Studio 3 update is our priority.

However, now that Audiobus 3 supports AUX and Music Studio supports Audiobus 3, there is a way to use AUX instruments and effects with Music Studio: http://www.audiob.us

Excellent! I had a brief gander at the list, and I'm liking what I see. I was going to suggest as a feature request the addition of a parametric EQ, but I see you already got it. Cheers. :mrgreen:
jwmmakerofmusic

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 am

Bianca wrote:How would I control 2 or more au instruments from music studio in AB3 then?

It's possible to control multiple AUX instruments via Music Studio through Audiobus 3, but only simultaneously, that's the limitation. It's not possible to map tracks to different Audiobus 3 AU instruments.

Here's how to use AUX instruments via Audiobus 3:
* Launch Audiobus 3.
* On the Audio page, assign an Audio Unit as input and Music Studio as output.
* On the MIDI page, assign Music Studio as input and the Audio Unit (select "Instance A") as output.
* Playing on Music Studio's keyboard now controls the Audio Unit instrument.
* If you don't want to hear Music Studio's internal sounds, set the track's volume to 0.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests