The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Some unusual requests.

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Some unusual requests.

Postby jwmmakerofmusic » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:33 pm

So, I took a gander at the official update plan, and this got me thinking about some more requests I have that, to my knowledge, haven't been yet requested.

1. Would it be possible for you to keep the three band EQ when you add the parametric EQ? Not only will this be backwards compatible with MS2 projects, the three band EQ is a nice, quick and easy way to balance tracks in the cases which a surgical parametric isn't really needed.

2. Would you be able to create a simple autoducking effect? Basically, autoducking is this: http://www.kickstart-plugin.com . Sure, they call it "instant sidechain compression", but all it is is a simple volume ducking effect (which is sorta like automatic volume automation, except you don't need to draw out the curves on a timeline). The purpose? In modern EDM music (and possibly other genres), sidechain compression is a necessary mixing tool. However, instead of the difficulty of changing Music Studio's internal workings and many lines of code to try and implement "true" sidechain compression, you instead create a simple automatic gain effect with some decent volume curves for good measure.

3. Could the GUI be kept the same for Music Studio 3 (or at least very similar)? It's not just the nostalgia factor here, but it's also fairly easy to see in very bright environments too. I like Beathawk, but it's a pain in the butt to see in brighter environments without me having to ramp the brightness up to 100%. FL Studio Mobile 3, forget about brighter environments. Yikes!

Thank you again for reading, and keep up the great work.
jwmmakerofmusic

Re: Some unusual requests.

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 am

1. Would it be possible for you to keep the three band EQ when you add the parametric EQ?

Yes, we will always keep existing effects and instruments for backwards compatibility.

2. Would you be able to create a simple autoducking effect?

An Autoducking effect is not planned, there's too much on the list already.

3. Could the GUI be kept the same for Music Studio 3

Yes, it will.
Image Image
Alex

Re: Some unusual requests.

Postby jwmmakerofmusic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Well, two out of three ain't bad mate.
jwmmakerofmusic

Return to Feature requests