Keyboard Split Affects Other Songs

Get help from other users.

Keyboard Split Affects Other Songs

Postby Android_Fan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi Alex,

First things first: Thank you very much for the update. It brings some nice features with it. :)

On the other hand I tried it out and unfortunately found another issue:

Try this:
1. Create a new song.
2. Open the keyboard tab and split up the keyboard into two rows.
3. Load any song of your choice and confirm to unload the current song without saving.

You'll learn, that Music Studio also applies the keyboard split to the loaded song, even if no keyboard split has been saved with the song before. I cannot imagine that this really is intended.

I've got Music Studio installed on both - my smartphone and my tablet. To try out the new version 2.1.1 I only updated my tablet so far. So I also tried to reproduce the issue on my smartphone and learned, that this behavior applies for version 2.0.4 as well as for version 2.1.1. So if it is a bug it is an old one.

Regards,
Marc
Android_Fan

Re: Keyboard Split Affects Other Songs

Postby Alex » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks, I'm glad that you like the update :)

The behavior is indeed intended, the number of keyboard rows (single row or 2 rows) is not saved with the project. Our UX guy thought that this was a good idea (back in 2009), but today I would agree with you that this should be saved with the song and reset to 1 row when another or new song is loaded. We'll consider changing the behavior for version 3.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support