MIDI Thru?

Get help from other users.

MIDI Thru?

Postby Ruben.cc » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Is there a way to directly pass on incoming MIDI data (using the MIDI Mobilizer) to the MIDI OUT? I want to experiment in using Music Studio purely as a sequencer, playing on my MIDI keyboard, getting sound from my Korg 01R/W and recoring the whole thing in Music Studio.

So far I can only hear my Korg making noise using the virtual keyboard on the iPad inside Music Studio. When using my MIDI keyboard, stuff gets recorded, but not passed on to the Korg until I play back the recording. Even though hitting keys on my MIDI keyboard result in keys on the virtual keyboard being pressed down, the result is not the same as when actually hitting the keys on the iPad. Strange...
Ruben.cc

Re: MIDI Thru?

Postby Alex » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:05 pm

MIDI Thru is not implemented for a reason, it resulted in major problems with many keyboards. Maybe the next firmware update for the MIDI Mobilizer will allow us to implement it in a Music Studio update.
Image Image
Alex

Re: MIDI Thru?

Postby Ruben.cc » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks for the reply, no need to look further then. Time to dust of the old MIDI patch-bay and do some MIDI merging and splitting myself. :-)
Ruben.cc

Return to Support