Landscape is upside-down on the iPad! Please fix!

Get help from other users.

Landscape is upside-down on the iPad! Please fix!

Postby sch » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Why does the app lock the landscape version so that when you turn it +90 degrees from upright (surely a natural gesture), MS insists on displaying itself upside-down. If you have a case (like the Apple case I, and I suspect many others have) then it puts the app 180 degrees from where it needs to be with the case in the tilted landscape position. It's like this for any case that opens to the left, so pretty well all of them.

Surely this can be changed?

Another oddity I saw yesterday, but have not been able to re-create is that when I went to the Help screen, the control tabs, usually across the top of the screen, were gone. No way to get back to the app. I eventually had to kill MS in the app-switcher/multi-tasker to get out of it.

Cheers,
sch

Re: Landscape is upside-down on the iPad! Please fix!

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Music Studio supports both landscape device orientations.

Maybe you activated the iOS orientation lock?
It was very well hidden by Apple: press the Home button 2 times, then slide left, the orientation lock button is left to the iPod controls.
Image Image
Alex

Postby sch » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Alex,

I was aware of the orientation lock change and that's one of the first things I checked. It was not locked. No matter how I turned the iPad, MS would NOT re-orient. Other apps would.

I just checked it again, it was NOT locked, so I toggled it, and now, everything seems to work correctly on MS. Although, when I first ran it again (after deleting from the multitasker and then toggling the lock), it initially appeared contrary to the existing orientation showing on the iPad. It then rotated and does now end up correctly.

Just havin' a real bad day maybe?

Cheers,
sch

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Ok we'll note Dec. 1st as a bad day for device orientation changes ;)
Anyway I'll notify the beta testers to try and reproduce the issue.
Image Image
Alex

Postby sch » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am

Thanks Alex.

Anyone else mention the Help screens with no menu tabs? That one had me really puzzled. I check MS on my iPhone and there they were, but not on the iPad.
sch

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 am

That seems to be connected to the original problem, i.e. the tab bar had the opposite device orientation than the HTML-help view.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support