Tuning?

Get help from other users.

Tuning?

Postby Molson » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:12 pm

What are the Instruments in Music Studio tuned to? I spent hours sequencing a song and it is almost, but not quite, 1 whole step flat compared to my guitar which is tuned to A440. This is very frustrating. The song was sequenced with the transposition set flat. I tried setting my tuner from A438 all the way up to A445 with no luck. I think this app is great but will be totally useless to me if the instruments are tuned so strangely that my only option is to tune to the app. Has anyone else had this issue, if so your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks - Matt
Molson

Re: Tuning?

Postby TecWeed » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm

According to my experience, Music Studio is tuned just fine (with A440) and it matches my other instruments, compositions and arrangements perfectly.
Maybe there is an issue with your electronic tuning device? Some settings messed up?
Using Music Studio on an iPod touch 2G (16GB iOS4).
My YouTube
TecWeed

Postby Molson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:57 am

I tried two different tuners, which were calibrated properly and 3 different guitars, all with the same result. So i don't know what to do now.
Molson

Postby Alex » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 am

Reboot your device like this: http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=2#Reboot_after_the_installation

Music Studio is tuned to A440. If it's not, the iOS audio output has probably encountered an error which can be resolved by rebooting.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Molson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks Alex, that took care of it, feel sort of silly now.
Thanks - Matt
Molson

Return to Support