Xewton always making me reboot my device?

Get help from other users.

Xewton always making me reboot my device?

Postby Jumbosize » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 am

I have been having this odd problem very frequently lately. What happens is when I try to open a complex song it will give me an error message and wont let me play the song. I dont know the message exactly but it says something like "Memory is too low, reboot your device." When I reboot it, it solves the problem but only until the next time I open xewton. It will then ask me to do the same thing. it's very aggravating.
I haven't always had this problem though. I have had Xewton since right after it came out. It never did this before and now it does it several times a day. Why??
Jumbosize

Re: Xewton always making me reboot my device?

Postby TecWeed » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:51 am

Okay, you don't necessarily have to reboot your device every time that popup comes.
Just try and try again. In most cases it will work then. At least with me. When the error message pops up, xms gets the chance to close down other unnecessary processes that are running in the background.
Using Music Studio on an iPod touch 2G (16GB iOS4).
My YouTube
TecWeed

Postby Alex » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:41 pm

TecWeed wrote:When the error message pops up, xms gets the chance to close down other unnecessary processes that are running in the background.

Wrong.
Music Studio decides to show you this popup if the memory situation is critical, i.e. if not all samples could be loaded. The popup is not from the OS. You can continue working but some notes might not be played back.

@Jumbosize: Did you update to iOS 4? Other apps in the background might be taking up a lot of RAM. Maybe the OS terminates them right after Music Studio receives the memory warning (and decides to show the popup), in this case just ignore the popup. Anyway thanks for letting us know, we'll try to improve this with the next update.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Jumbosize » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Yea, it turns out that it is the iOS4 multitasking. whenever there is a ton of apps in the list it will give the error. If I delete them it works properly. Just another reason apple's multitasking was a disaster -.-
Well that's a little better, but clearing the list every time I want to use it is only a step above rebooting every time. Is there a way to disable multitasking/Could an update from you fix the problem?

Edit: forgot to mention something. Tecweed said that when he did it, he would eventually be able to get it running without any extra work. with me nomatter how many times I try to reload it, nothing happens and it just keeps displaying the error.
Jumbosize

Postby TecWeed » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Well, I'm using an iPod touch 2G 16GB with iOS4. But as far as I'm concerned, there's no multitasking in it. I guess every device is different.
My YouTube
TecWeed

Postby Alex » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Yea, it turns out that it is the iOS4 multitasking.

The next update will make it compatible to multitasking. I think that Apple's solution of pseudo-multitasking is great, it just needs a few weeks until all apps have been updated :)

I guess every device is different.

Multitasking is disabled for devices older than the iPhone 3GS / iPod Touch 3rd gen.
Image Image
Alex

Postby TecWeed » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Thankfully. My iPod'd go crazy.

EDIT: About the restarting problem:
Sometimes it helps to start by loading smaller projects and always loading a slightly bigger project step by step. That procedure has worked perfectly for me so far without any exceptions.
My YouTube
TecWeed

Return to Support