Re Downloading the App without having to pay for it again

Get help from other users.

Re Downloading the App without having to pay for it again

Postby bumskuff » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Does any one know how i can re download the app without paying for it again,as i inadvertantly deleted it from my phone,i have it still on my desktop but it want re-install on my phone , :?

Regards
Deano
bumskuff

Re: Re Downloading the App without having to pay for it agai

Postby Alex » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:30 am

If you still have the app on your Mac/PC, simply sync with iTunes to install it again.

In general, you can "buy" (download) an app multiple times with the same account, the iTunes Store won't debit your credit card twice.

Same goes for in-app purchases, i.e. the instruments shop (although I would recommend using the restore button there).
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=3#How_do_I_restore_my_purchased_instruments_or_get_them_on_my_second_device.3F
Image Image
Alex

Re: Re Downloading the App without having to pay for it agai

Postby Ruben.cc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Alex wrote:...you can "buy" (download) an app multiple times with the same account...

In addition, I'd like to mention that the App Store will -not- mention or show that you already bought the app. This might be confusing to some users who never re-downloaded a purchased app.

The App Store will list the app for the current price. When you click "buy" it will exit the Store App and go to your springboard, starting the download. Only -then-, at the very moment the download is about to start, you will get a pop-up mentioning that you already bought this app before and that you can download it again for free. Of couse, like mentioned, you need to make sure you are logged in using the same account you used when buying the app. It does not matter on which device you are. I re-downloaded Music Studio when changing from 3G to 3GS and again when I got my iPad. Worked fine every time.

Again; this is just an additional remark because I know this way of re-downloading apps can be confusing to some people not buying shitloads of apps every week. ;)
Ruben.cc

Return to Support