Extracting songs

Get help from other users.

Extracting songs

Postby kcoyne73 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54 am

I'm would love to use this app with some of my middle school music classes, but I'm worried about extracting songs from the ipad to a computer. Do the songs upload when the ipad is synched with itunes? The only option i see is using the server button, which I wouldn't be able to use with my school's wifi network. Is there any other way to get my music off of the ipad?
kcoyne73

Re: Extracting songs

Postby TecWeed » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:52 am

You could create an adhoc network (computer to computer) manually and let your iPad join it (at least that's what I do, since we don't have any WiFi of our own).
I understand that apple also enabled some kind of USB file exchange feature, but it's not included in Music Studio as of now. Maybe it'll come later.
Using Music Studio on an iPod touch 2G (16GB iOS4).
My YouTube
TecWeed

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:35 pm

With the next update (which we will soon submit to be reviewed by Apple), iTunes file sharing via USB is enabled. No more WiFi hazzle :)

In addition, .xms and .mid files can be opened from any other app (mail, safari) with the update.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Jumbosize » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Alex wrote:With the next update (which we will soon submit to be reviewed by Apple), iTunes file sharing via USB is enabled. No more WiFi hazzle :)

In addition, .xms and .mid files can be opened from any other app (mail, safari) with the update.

does that apply to the ipod and iphone too or just ipad?
Jumbosize

Postby TecWeed » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:21 pm

All.
Using Music Studio on an iPod touch 2G (16GB iOS4).
My YouTube
TecWeed

Postby Alex » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 pm

iTunes file sharing works with iOS 3.2 and later, i.e. on all iPhones and iPods that have iOS 4 or later installed.

iOS 4 isn't available for the two oldest devices (1st gen iPod Touch and the first iPhone), so file sharing won't be available for them either.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support