The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Metronome bleeds thru recording

Get help from other users.

Metronome bleeds thru recording

Postby bluesdelux » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:47 pm

The metronome bleeds thru when recording via IAA. It's fairly prominent in the beginning and end when there's no audio. It can be trimmed, but does anyone have other solutions besides that or turning it off? Seems like it's a bug needing fixed.

Thanks!
bluesdelux

Re: Metronome bleeds thru recording

Postby John0611 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:27 am

How about turning the metronome after recording a track?
Visit johnmichaelvillaber.bandcamp.com for background music
John0611

Postby bluesdelux » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 am

It's still there (in the recording) after turning the metronome off. Somehow it's getting recorded. I've been recording with it off, no problem. I like to use the count-in feature though but need to turn it on for that.
bluesdelux

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:40 pm

I can't reproduce the issue, recording another IAA app (I tested it with Bebot) onto an audio track works fine. Here's what I did:
  • New project
  • Add an audio track
  • Tap record, enable the metronome
  • Select Inter-App Audio, select an App
  • Switch back to Music Studio, tap Record, switch to the other app, play something, switch back to Music Studio, tap Close.
What did you do differently?
Image Image
Alex

Postby bluesdelux » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks for the reply and help Alex! If I recall correctly, my steps were:

• New project
    • Add audio track
    • Tap record
    • Turn on "Effects Monitoring"
    • Select Inter-app audio
    • Selected app, in my case it was BIAS AMP mobile
    • Switched back to Music Studio
    • Turned on the metronome
    • Tapped record
    • Played guitar while still in Music Studio

Guitar is connected via iRig 2 interface.
Using an iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Thanks!
bluesdelux

Postby Alex » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Which version of Music Studio do you have? The version number is displayed in the general Setup tab.
I just tried your steps with Music Studio 2.6.5 on an iPad Pro running iOS 9.3.2, recorded my voice through BIAS AMP into Music Studio, and the recording was clean, without metronome (which was enabled during recording).
Image Image
Alex

Postby bluesdelux » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:06 pm

I have 2.6.5. I haven't done any recording with the metronome on since then, but I will try in the next few days or so and see if I get the same results. Maybe it was just some anomaly, I don't know. I can send you the audio file or a link to soundcloud if you want.
bluesdelux

Postby bluesdelux » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:23 pm

bluesdelux wrote:I have 2.6.5. I haven't done any recording with the metronome on since then, but I will try in the next few days or so and see if I get the same results. Maybe it was just some anomaly, I don't know. I can send you the audio file or a link to soundcloud if you want.

I did some quick recording tests last night. I simply didn't record any voice, guitar, midi, etc. I simply created a new project, new audio track, turned the metronome on and hit record. Sure enough, the metronome recorded in some cases.

I created a few different scenarios with the settings and with my guitar interface plugged in (with and w/o the guitar connected to it) and with the interface not plugged in.

Scenario 1:
The metronome recorded when I had the effects monitoring on and with the interface connected (no guitar connected)

Scenario 2:
The metronome recorded when I had the effects monitoring off and with the interface connected (no guitar connected)

Scenario 3:
The metronome DID NOT record with effects monitoring set to dry, used IAA (BIAS Amp) with no interface connected. This somewhat contradicts my initial issue since I thought the IAA was causing the metronome to record.

Scenario 4:
The metronome DID NOT record with effects monitoring on, with the interface connected and guitar plugged into it.

Scenario 5:
The metronome recorded when I had the effects monitoring off, set to mono, and with the interface connected (no guitar connected)

Scenario 6:
The metronome recorded when I had the effects monitoring on DRY, set to mono, and with the interface connected (no guitar connected to it).

I know, this is crazy!! The metronome is recording at a low level, turn your volume on 10 and you should here it if you try to reproduce these scenarios.

Also, for the scenarios when the metronome recorded, the input level meter showed a reading. I can't remember which scenario though.

Hope this helps!
bluesdelux

Postby Bianca » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Which interface are you using?
Bianca

Postby bluesdelux » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:02 pm

IK Multimedia's iRig 2. Plugged into the 1/8 input of my iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3.
bluesdelux

Next

Return to Support