How to import a wav file

Get help from other users.

How to import a wav file

Postby Triggerfish999 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:03 am

Hello,
This is driving me crazy because I ought to be able to do this easily...
How do I import a .wav file from an Android device to MusicStudio running on an iPad?
I have loaded the .wav file to Google Drive and I've tried copying it (I assume to the clipboard) from the iPad Google Drive app but I can't see it in MusicStudio anywhere in the import interface.
I have also tried emailing it as an attachment but MusicStudio is not listed as a app when I try to Open With.

I've searched on here and checked the documentation but I must be missing something.
I'm running IOS 8.1.
Triggerfish999

Re: How to import a wav file

Postby Bianca » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 am

Let's see if there's anything funny with your file.

Try moving it to the public folder of you google drive and posting the link here.
Bianca

Postby Triggerfish999 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:34 am

OK, here it is :)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3OxC ... TVIejA4ejQ

If someone could point me at a guide on how to import a sound file/sample into MusicStudio that would help.
Triggerfish999

Postby Bianca » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Well in the normal course of events all you have to do is press on the file and use open in.

That should work on the version you emailed yourself.

Safari doesn't seem to want to download the file it just keeps playing it. But I downloaded it in icab (a different browser) and successfully opened the cowbells into music studio

Also in the Googledrive app if you press send a copy then open in music studio comes up as an option
Bianca

Postby Triggerfish999 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi
Thanks.
Well I've sent an mp3 version to my email, which I can open in MS (yay!!), but for some reason MS doesn't come up as an option with .wav files. So perhaps this is an iOS issue or something. It's hugely frustrating.
OK this is resolved. Something to do with file associations or Drive on iOS, but I've sent a .wav file from a laptop and now it is associated on iOS with MS... phew... (though wav file sent from Drive to email only gets a Drive association when you try to open it).
Triggerfish999

Postby Bianca » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:50 pm

Well at least you can share a copy from the drive app.....
Bianca

Postby Alex » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:18 pm

The Google Drive app is known to have problems with file associations, i.e. with showing the right apps for certain file formats. You're still on iOS 8.1, maybe an iOS upgrade would resolve the problem. Also, iOS 8.1 wasn't the most stable one regarding audio.

I personally use Dropbox for cross-platform file sharing, it works great with Music Studio on iOS and Android.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support