The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

iOS 10 major Bug with Music Studio

Get help from other users.

iOS 10 major Bug with Music Studio

Postby poetickinetics » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:59 am

Hi,
I've just recently updated to iOS10, and ever since when I use Music Studio to record a new file, if the file is over 1hr in length it corrupts and doesn't save. It pops up saying empty file, please load a file. Recording for 30-40 mins seems to work, but over an hour crashes. I need to be able to record a minimum of 2hrs straight for my needs.

iPhone 6S Plus
iOS10
Music Studio: 2.6
poetickinetics

Re: iOS 10 major Bug with Music Studio

Postby poetickinetics » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:51 am

Update: iOS 10.0.2 seems to have partially fixed this error, but not completely.
After recording for 1hr, I click 'done'. The recorded file is not loaded into the list of tracks, I check the projects/audio folder and the latest recording is not there. I go back to tracks, add a new audio track and hit record, the app now crashes immediately and then reloads. Once the app reloads, I check the projects/audio folder and my 1hr recording is there and can be loaded, however it appears to have truncated the end of the recording - I'm unsure how much time is missing, be it has definitely been cut short.

Can anyone else confirm if they are experiencing similar issues?

Cheers.
poetickinetics

Postby Alex » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks for reporting this bug, but it's probably not an iOS 10 issue, I can't reproduce it.
My setup: iPhone 6S, iOS 10.0.2, Music Studio 2.6.5.
I recorded the internal mic (mono) for 89 minutes, then pressed Done. The recording was immediately displayed, I could play it back, and the 449MB wav file is in the Audio folder.

iPhone 6S Plus
iOS10
Music Studio: 2.6

Is it Music Studio 2.6, or 2.6.5? Maybe this bug has already been fixed in version 2.6.x?
How much disk space is free on your iPhone? After the recording, my iPhone 6S (64GB model) had 19GB free.
Image Image
Alex

Postby poetickinetics » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:54 am

Thanks for your reply.
My phone has 60+Gb of free space. I believe I'm probably running V2.6.5, as it seems to be the latest from the app store, however in the help section of Music Studio it only reads V2.6.

I'm on iOS 10.0.2 - no updates available.
I never used to have this issue prior to the iOS update. The error is present when either using the iPhone built in mic, or a plug in Blue Mikey digital mic.

I'll try uninstalling and doing a fresh install of Music Studio to see if that helps.
poetickinetics

Postby Alex » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:21 am

poetickinetics wrote:I believe I'm probably running V2.6.5, as it seems to be the latest from the app store

The version number is displayed at the bottom of Music Studio's Setup screen.

poetickinetics wrote:I'll try uninstalling and doing a fresh install of Music Studio to see if that helps.

Don't forget to backup your data first!
See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84&p=327
Image Image
Alex

Postby poetickinetics » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:07 am

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled MS. The errors are still there.
When recording a large file, 1.5hrs or so, after clicking done it displays 'empty file' in the track list/screen. The file is not present in Project/Audio until after you close and reopen the app.

This bug is a bit of a hassle as I need to record batches of multiple records one after the other from a line in source and having to close and relaunch the app for each recording sucks.

Could this be a bug that is unique to iPhone 6S Plus at all? I wouldn't have thought there is too much difference between 6S and the plus version, but it seems to be the only difference between our setups. Do you know someone else with a 6S Plus who you could test you app on, it would be good to isolate the cause of this bug.

Your app is the only one I use due being able to record in stereo WAV, so I don't have any other options aside from hoping this bug can be rectified.

Thank you.
poetickinetics

Postby poetickinetics » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:00 am

Yes, confirmed I'm on 2.6.5.
poetickinetics

Postby Alex » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:15 pm

I can test it on an iPhone 6 Plus next week, but I don't have a 6S Plus.
:arrow: Maybe anyone on the forum has an iPhone 6S Plus to test 2h audio recording?

We made some audio engine optimizations in Music Studio 2.7, your bug could have been fixed by accident. If you would like to beta test it, write me an email to support@xewton.com
Image Image
Alex

Postby poetickinetics » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:16 am

Hi, iOS 10.1 was released so I've updated to that and re-tested but I'm still getting the same error.
Yes, I'd like to test the beta of 2.7 so I'll shoot you an email.

Cheers. ~ Gethen
poetickinetics

Return to Support