Re Downloading the App without having to pay for it again

Get help from other users.

Re Downloading the App without having to pay for it again

Postby adamjohn » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:59 am

Does any one know how i can re download the app without paying for it again,as i inadvertantly deleted it from my phone,i have it still on my desktop but it want re-install on my phone ???

Re: Re Downloading the App without having to pay for it agai

Postby Alex » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:08 am

Usually it's just as easy as launching the App Store (or Google Play Store) app, viewing the list of your past purchases (called “My apps & games” on some Android devices) and tapping the download button next to Music Studio.

In general, both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store allow you to download any app you ever purchased as often as you wish on all mobile devices where you are logged in with your Apple ID or Google account.
Image Image
Alex

Postby idunno » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Interesting post. I've been going to the App Store for 6 years and never found anything regarding previous purchases. I also know that any app I have purchased for my IPad must be purchased again to put it on my iPhone, using the exact same account number and password, with no exceptions. Maybe Android is different, but I beg to differ about iOS apps, especially knowing Apple's greed.
idunno

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:41 am

any app I have purchased for my IPad must be purchased again to put it on my iPhone, using the exact same account number and password, with no exceptions.

Sorry to disagree, but this is not true, fortunately. I regularly buy expensive music apps on my iPad Pro and re-download them for free on 2 other iPads and my iPhone. The next day, I receive 1 email invoice from Apple listing 1 app purchase. Every iOS user I know gets all the apps purchased on one device on all other iOS devices, since 2010.

Open the App Store, tap "Purchases" (on iPhone you have to tap "Updates" first to see the "Purchases" Button), then you'll see a list of all your past purchases. The ones that are not installed on your device have a cloud icon and can be downloaded again for free.

By the way, you can even enable automatic downloads of apps that were purchased on other devices: Open the Settings app, tap "iTunes & App Store" and enable "Apps" in the "Automatic downloads" section.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support