How do I record vocals?

Get help from other users.

How do I record vocals?

Postby Lindab » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:22 am

I just started using MS, and I have imported audio tracks with no trouble. Now I go to record a vocal track, and I feel like an idiot, because I can't figure out how to do it! The default of a new track seems to be keyboard. I just want to use the built in iPhone mic. And nothing in the quick start menu seems to address it.I don't see a way to select mic for that track. Please tell me what I am missing. Help! This is starting to ruin my fun Christmas project! Thank you!
Lindab

Re: How do I record vocals?

Postby Bianca » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:16 am

Follow these steps to add an audio track to your song:

Go to the Tracks screen and tap the "+ Audio" button at the bottom of the track list, which will open the wave editor.
In the wave editor menu, tap either the record button for microphone recording
or the Open button on the right, which will present you with the other options. You can use iTunes file sharing or the WiFi server to copy audio files from your computer to the Audio folder in Music Studio. Audio files can also be opened from Mail and Safari directly with Music Studio.
Use the bottom menu in the wave editor to select and modify parts of the audio file.
In the Tracks screen, the track you just created has been filled with an audio region.
Tip: Double tapping an audio track takes you right to the wave editor.
Switch to the bar editor to move, duplicate, repeat, quantize or delete audio regions. In other words, the bar editor treats audio regions as if they were notes.
If you want to load the song in Music Studio on another device, in addition to the .xms file all the .wav files used in the song need to be present. To simplify the transfer, a song can be exported as a zip file which contains the .xms and all the linked .wav files from the Audio folder.
Bianca

Postby MichaelMusicStudio » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Exactly!
Choose "Tracks" page, press +Audio. then just press record button it must work. wish u gooood luck wth ur christmas project:)
MichaelMusicStudio

Postby Alex » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:03 am

Image Image
Alex

Return to Support