Virtual Midi out problem.

Get help from other users.

Virtual Midi out problem.

Postby zmiscz94 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:16 pm

I cannot get midi output from MusicStudio to play back in other apps through Virtual Midi.

For example, I cannot get midi from MusicStudio to play back in Animoog.

I have used MusicStudio and iOS music apps for a long time and understand the issues and set ups well. I have checked my MusicStudio and Animoog-iPhone set up's and midi networking configurations multiple times and everything is set right. I have also tried with Korg Module and I've had the same problem. I prefer virtual midi to IAA for this use case. It worked for me in the past, but I have not been able to get it to work lately.

Any suggestions on what I can try next? My set up is: iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2, MusicStudio 2.7.1.
zmiscz94

Re: Virtual Midi out problem.

Postby zmiscz94 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:31 pm

I resolved the problem by reading the manual more closely. My apologies for not having done that in the beginning. The answer is in the settings tab, then the midi section, then the ports and channels button. In the "Core MIDI" dialog box for this button, for the "MIDI OUT channel" option I need to have it set to "TRACKS" but I had it incorrectly set to channel 1. Reading the manual for this setting, I learned that midi playback is only sent out for the "TRACKS" setting, other settings will only send midi out for playing on the soft keyboard .

By the way, I have been using this app since 2010 on my iPhone and really enjoy it. Also I have already put a five star review in the App Store.
zmiscz94

Re: Virtual Midi out problem.

Postby Alex » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks for your feedback and for the rating :)
You already found the right solution, setting MIDI output to "tracks" routes every track to its MIDI channel during playback.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support