Sound cut-off using Inter App

Get help from other users.

Sound cut-off using Inter App

Postby wondad » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Great app.. I'm having a bit of a problem though. I am using the IOS app with my Ipad connected to an Alesis IODOCK II and using my digital piano as the midi. When I choose the interapp option and then select Sampletank. I can play the instruments however, when I release the sustain pedal and then repress it the sounds from the notes that I was playing just cutoff abruptly. Interestingly enough if I am recording that track and play it back, the cutoff does not happen in the replay. Not sure f it is a midi signal for the sustain pedal mix up or not.. I'm kind of new to this so any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
wondad

Re: Sound cut-off using Inter App

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Thanks for your feedback!

when I release the sustain pedal and then repress it the sounds from the notes that I was playing just cutoff abruptly.

This could be either SampleTank handling the sustain pedal (MIDI CC64) events incorrectly, or Music Studio forwarding the MIDI CC64 events incorrectly, I'm not sure. Did you try it with IAA apps other than SampleTank?

Interestingly enough if I am recording that track and play it back, the cutoff does not happen in the replay.

This is because Music Studio doesn't record CC64, instead it sets the recorded note's lengths accordingly (as long as you held the sustain pedal). This means that during playback, CC64 is not involved and thus it works fine.
Image Image
Alex

Postby wondad » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Thank you .. and yes.. I tried it with IGrand piano as well.. same problem.. I also tried bypassing the alesis IOdock as well to see if that may have been the issue, and that didnt work either..
wondad

Postby Alex » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:32 am

I just found the bug, it's unrelated to the hardware. If you select any IAA instrument in Music Studio, press and hold a key on Music Studio's keyboard, and tap the sustain button (in Music Studio's live tools menu bar) once, the sound stops. I'll try to fix this bug in version 2.8 which will be released when Audiobus 3 is released, probably in March.
Image Image
Alex

Postby wondad » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Awesome !!! Thanks so much Alex. I truly appreciate your help.
wondad

Return to Support