iTunes File Sharing error : duplicate file name

Get help from other users.

iTunes File Sharing error : duplicate file name

Postby mach128x » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to copy the Audio folder on my PC through the File Sharing pane in iTunes and I'm getting the following error :

Code: Select all
"Audio" could not be copied because an error occured. A duplicate file name was specified.

What I don't get is that I successfully copied the folder to my PC a couple of months ago before upgrading iOS on the phone. I also successfully copied it back onto the phone after the iOS fresh install.

I only created 2 new projets since then, which do not have any audio track (only midi).
I was able to copy all .xms project files to the PC.

I'm running:
iOS 8.4.1
MusicStudio 2.8
iTunes 12.6.1.25

Thanks to iTunes design limitations (boy do I hate this piece of software) I can't even look into the actual folder to try to look for issues with file names :x
I can't seem to find any duplicates while looking inside the Audio folder through MusicStudios's internal browser.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
iTunes erreur backup MusicStudio.png
iTunes erreur backup MusicStudio.png (8.97 KiB) Viewed 828 times
mach128x

Re: iTunes File Sharing error : duplicate file name

Postby Alex » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:26 pm

I heard of this iTunes bug before, it occurs if files in an app have similar names that only differ in capitals or special characters. Here are a few examples of files that iTunes might consider to be duplicates:
  • Myfile
  • myfile
  • myfile+
  • myfile?

In Music Studio, check if any of the files in the Audio folder might be considered duplicates because of similar names, and rename them.
To rename an audio file, load the project that uses it (or create a new project and double tap the audio file to load it). In the wave editor, tap the save button and choose a new name:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=13#Save_button
Image Image
Alex

Re: iTunes File Sharing error : duplicate file name

Postby mach128x » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Alex wrote:I heard of this iTunes bug before, it occurs if files in an app have similar names that only differ in capitals or special characters. Here are a few examples of files that iTunes might consider to be duplicates:
  • Myfile
  • myfile
  • myfile+
  • myfile?

In Music Studio, check if any of the files in the Audio folder might be considered duplicates because of similar names, and rename them.
To rename an audio file, load the project that uses it (or create a new project and double tap the audio file to load it). In the wave editor, tap the save button and choose a new name:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=13#Save_button

I'm pretty sure there aren't any case of similar filenames like that, from what I've seen in the Audio folder through MusicStudio itself. Still I will double-check and report back.

Thanks.
mach128x

Return to Support