Android to iOS?

Get help from other users.

Android to iOS?

Postby ItsANDREZ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:28 pm

I didn't think my situation was unique but I haven't found a related topic in the archives.

I purchased the full Android version last year and then in a relationship compromise switched to iPhone/iPad this week. Quite a few apps have cross-platform capabilities through a log-in or membership license. Is it possible to transfer my account license and/or settings etc this way or will it require good old fashioned exporting and lots of time?
ItsANDREZ

Re: Android to iOS?

Postby Alex » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am

Quite a few apps have cross-platform capabilities through a log-in or membership license.

Music Studio doesn't have that, we don't have a user or license database.

Is it possible to transfer my account license and/or settings etc this way or will it require good old fashioned exporting and lots of time?

It’s not possible to transfer purchases from the Google Play Store to the Apple App Store or vice versa.
But transferring your data is not that hard:
  • Use one of the many free file manager apps on Android to navigate to the folder "Music Studio User Files"
  • Zip all your .xms project files in this folder
  • Zip all your audio files in the Audio folder
  • Transfer the 2 zip files to your iOS device, e.g. via Dropbox, or Google Drive
  • On your iOS device, open the zip files with Music Studio
  • In Music Studio's Projects screen, double tap a zip file to unpack it. Audio files will automatically be moved into the Audio folder.
Image Image
Alex

Return to Support