Save two audio files into one project

Get help from other users.

Save two audio files into one project

Postby Danandkirsty » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi

I am very new to this app.

I have just today uploaded a track which went into projects. I then opened this up and went into the 'Tracks' screen. I have now added another audio file for vocals whilst in the tracks screen, so the original track runs alongside the new audio track. How do I now save these two audio tracks into one project? Once saved I assume I will be able to open it each time to discover the two tracks being there. At present in my projects screen it has the two audio tracks separately.

Any support would be appreciated.

Dan the novice.
Danandkirsty

Re: Save two audio files into one project

Postby Bianca » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:20 pm

The audio files will remain as separate files in the Projects list audio folder.

But when you save the project as an Xms file it will include the fact that those 2 files are part of this project.

That way you can use the same Audio files in different projects.
Last edited by Bianca on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bianca

Postby Danandkirsty » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Thank you. I will try that. Although it will surely mean that my projects page will be full of lots tracksfrom different projects.

I tried to share via email and it didn't work. Do I need to select a certain file type?

Thank you for your time.

Dan
Danandkirsty

Postby Bianca » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 pm

If you have a project that contains audio tracks then when you go to share it by e-mail you need to check the include audio files box.

Then Music Studio will make a zip file with the xms file and any associated audio files and attach it to your email.
Bianca

Return to Support