Is there a way to export wav files with effects added?

General discussion about Music Studio.

Is there a way to export wav files with effects added?

Postby angelpf » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:15 am

Hi there, I'm trying to export a song into a WAV file using some reverb effects and equalizer settings, but every time I export it comes out with no effects whatsoever so that leads me to wonder, can it be done?
angelpf

Re: Is there a way to export wav files with effects added?

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 am

You are the first one to report this issue, export to wav should always render the effects (it writes what you would hear during playback into a wav file). Please post the xms file here or tap Share -> Email and send it to support@xetwon.com.
Image Image
Alex

Postby angelpf » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:16 am

I have found the solution to my issue, I was trying to overwrite the audio file I had recorded but the app doesn't let you do that even though it doesn't give you a warning that the overwriting failed. I tried saving the project with a different name and then exporting, thus creating a new wav file, not overwriting the original I had recorded. That seemed to be the way to go, my apologies for the waste of time!
angelpf

Postby Alex » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 am

Thanks for pointing out this issue, we'll try to fix it in the next update.
Image Image
Alex

Postby pianofan86 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:34 am

Hello,

I have a serious problem exporting my project WITH the effects. The solution in this post does not work with my problem, may be I do something wrong? Here the explication :

I mainly use Music Studio to improve sound quality of some recordings I import into Music Studio (using only one track, on which I apply different effects). Unfortunately, when I enabled all the effects I need (Equalizer, reverb, limited, etc.), I just can't export it WITH THE EFFECTS. It always comes out without.

In the "Waveform" section, I never hear the effects I apply in the "Track" section... so every time I save, the effects does not apply on the new file.

I really enjoy this app, and I would really appreciate your help to know how to save a new file WITH the effects. Thank you!
pianofan86

Postby Alex » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:12 am

To save your project with effects as an audio file, export it to wav:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=9#Export

The Waveform editor always plays the raw audio file without effects, so that you hear the original, pure audio file when you edit it.
Image Image
Alex

Postby pianofan86 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:18 pm

I solved my problem, thank you for your help! In fact, I already tried to export as an wav file as you say, but the problem was that I tried to export it while using files in the "Audio" folder(.acc) instead the ".xms" files folder. Your answer helped me realise that. (I have not been very smart on that...) Anyway, this is a wonderful app, thank you!
pianofan86

Postby Alex » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:01 pm

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad that it works now :)
Image Image
Alex

Return to General discussion