Feature Request: Mixer

General discussion about Music Studio.

Feature Request: Mixer

Postby sch » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Alex,

For the iPad version, I would hope for a fullscreen mixer with vertical faders so that a group of tracks can be balanced and mixed simultaneously. Also, I would like to see individual effects, muting/soloing capabilities. Also, it would be nice to have compressors/limiters available, at least on the mains.

A useful touch would be to be able to affect all track volumes, so you could easily do a global volume change. For example, I find that 80% is too high and I'd like to turn a lot down. Easy to do starting out, but when mixing a MIDI file, it's a pain to have to do them individually just to get an overall quieter mix.

An easy way to clear all muted or soloed tracks would be nice.

Track naming would be handy. Hard to guess what that 3rd guitar really is in the mix!

Is automation recording a thought somewhere down the line?

EDIT: Just read about the "Volume" effect and that it does mains limiting. I would still like to have a separate limiter/compressor available for drums etc though.

Cheers,

Simon
sch

Re: Feature Request: Mixer

Postby Alex » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm

An extra fader section is a good idea! It won't make it into the next update, but we'll consider it for future updates.

Automation is a topic for next year...
Image Image
Alex

Postby sch » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:41 pm

As long as I'm asking for mixer features, a couple of submix busses would be nice. The ability to assign a track to a mix buss would help during mixdowns.

Simon
sch

Postby alienimplant » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:57 am

I'm for this on the iPhone (with zoom like so many pages that already exist in the app).
alienimplant

Return to General discussion