licensing and copyrighting material

General discussion about Music Studio.

licensing and copyrighting material

Postby SubZero » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Hello,

I have been busy a lot in the last few months working on tons of projects and lately I've been thinking about copyrighting or licensing some of it. What do I need to know about this if the material I made and produced is on this app. Do I have to credit music studio any royalties or anything of the sort for using their samples or instruments. I guess all in all what I am asking is if I want to copyright/license/distribute a song of my own material/composition do I owe any royalties or any sort of fee or portion of the profits I make to Music Studio and do I need to sign any sort of agreement to do so? I hope these questions make sense. Any feedback will help. Thanks for your time

-SubZero
SubZero

Re: licensing and copyrighting material

Postby Alex » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:43 pm

See http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=3#License

Do I have to credit music studio any royalties or anything of the sort for using their samples or instruments.

No, not if the instruments are used in songs and are not distributed as individual samples.

I guess all in all what I am asking is if I want to copyright/license/distribute a song of my own material/composition do I owe any royalties or any sort of fee or portion of the profits I make to Music Studio and do I need to sign any sort of agreement to do so?

No and...no :)
Image Image
Alex

Return to General discussion