What is the difference between Xewton and FL Studio?

General discussion about Music Studio.

What is the difference between Xewton and FL Studio?

Postby sach160 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing one or the other but after doing an Internet search I can't find a good comparison of the differences between the 2, so thought I'd ask here.

And how do you figure out which one to get since they both seem quite similar? Are they going to develop in different directions and so for example a user who likes a, b and c would be better oFf with music studio, whereas a user who prefers d, e and f would be more suited to FL studio.

Cheers.
sach160

Re: What is the difference between Xewton and FL Studio?

Postby Alex » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:12 am

FL Studio Mobile HD has
- A step sequencer
- A synth (MiniSynth)
- More electronic instruments and drum kits
- FL Studio (Windows) can import the .flm projects created with the mobile version
- FL Studio can export .instr files to be used as custom instruments in the mobile version

Music Studio has:
- A fully-fledged sampler to create custom instruments and kits
- More non-electronic instruments (classical, world music...)
- Chord pads, chord buttons, sustain pedal button, pitch-bend/mod wheel

FL Studio Mobile is for you if you want to program beats and make electronic music, or if you own FL Studio for Windows. Music Studio is for you if you also want to make classical, rock, world etc. music. Both apps feature audio tracks, a wave editor, audio and MIDI hardware support, an in-app instrument shop and extensive export and sharing options.

Music Studio is Xewton's flagship app. We developed FL Studio Mobile in cooperation with Image-Line, both apps will be updated with new features in the years to come.

[EDIT: comparison list updated to match Music Studio 2.4 and FL Studio Mobile 2.3]
Last edited by Alex on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
Alex

Postby sach160 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for the reply alex, really helpful and much appreciated. Music studio is the one for me - I'm a rock musician.
sach160

Postby sach160 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:51 am

Update - I bought music studio and all the instruments. In 15 minutes I achieved more than I have in GarageBand for the iPad in 3 months. It's definitely a class above GarageBand in my opinion - GarageBand looks great and feels great but the sound quality and range of instruments is very poor, and a league below music studio.

Looking forward to lots of future updates. :)
sach160

Return to General discussion