A small request.

General discussion about Music Studio.

A small request.

Postby 4g0tt3nSou1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:02 pm

I love the iOS app... But my phone is currently broken.
I had done some really good remixes of the demos... But they are gone now.
Could someone hook me up with the demo files in a format that can be edited with FL Studio?
Idk how achievable it is, but if you could also give me the instruments, in FL Studio's format, that'd be cool
4g0tt3nSou1

Re: A small request.

Postby Alex » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Sorry, I can't provide you with these files because of copyright reasons.
Image Image
Alex

Postby 4g0tt3nSou1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:05 am

The demo's are creative commons. Anyone can, seeing how you make them public with no visual copyright.
Instruments technically too, seeing how you allow for custom instruments, you are enabling them to modify the base, which is either gpl, etc; or creative commons

I technically could take the long effort and use the app to either record each note, or use midi, or better yet, copy the files directly from the device.

What exactly is the issue? because it seems like it contradicts the goal, and ethic of the app, and community.
4g0tt3nSou1

Postby Bianca » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:26 pm

From the help files.

As with most other DAW applications and sample libraries, you are allowed to commercially use anything you create with Music Studio. Prohibited is the distribution of:

Individual samples
For example, publishing a sample library that includes Music Studio's samples (from the instruments and kits that come with the app) or creating a software that allows triggering individual samples is prohibited.
The only exception are the instruments in the “Symphonic” folder, which were created from the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra which falls under the CC Sampling Plus 1.0 license, see http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net
The demo songs in the Demos folder
The short instrument demos are free to use, but many of the full demo songs are copyrighted so please email us at support@xewton.com if you want to use one.
Individual drum loops from the Beats folder
Using the beats in a song is allowed, but distributing the beats individually is not. For example, creating a software that triggers Music Studio's beats is prohibited.
Bianca

Return to General discussion