Exporting instrumental audio files to PC/Drum Machine?

General discussion about Music Studio.

Exporting instrumental audio files to PC/Drum Machine?

Postby MixMasterMatt99 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:05 am

Hey guys! I've been using Music Studio for a while and I find it great! I'm no composer but I'd love to try doing some covers and maybe even my own music one day : :D

I'm just wondering if it was possible to somehow extract the instrument audio files from the app somehow so I can use them for another app? I personally think for drums it's too time consuming and tricky to play and record them on my device and THEN export them bit by bit, and personally a drum machine (e.g. Hydrogen), would be better to do it on, where you can perfectly set when the instrument plays on which beat. Everything else I can do on Music Studio outside drum kit stuff.

Thanks in advance!
MixMasterMatt99

Re: Exporting instrumental audio files to PC/Drum Machine?

Postby John0611 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:21 pm

If you are on android you can get the sound files from the data folder(i think?). But if you're on ios, you have no choice but to export it bit by bit.

But you don't need to export it bit by bit. Just make a sequence where all the sound files you need are in the sequence, then just cut it in the other program.
Visit johnmichaelvillaber.bandcamp.com for background music
John0611

Postby Alex » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:07 pm

John0611 wrote:If you are on android you can get the sound files from the data folder(i think?).

No, the data folder contains the instruments in a format that only Music Studio can read.

In general, DAW and instrument apps don't make their samples accessible because of sample licensing reasons. Users are allowed to manually create projects that play sample by sample, export and use them elsewhere, as long as such sample libraries are not made available publicly.
See http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=3#Am_I_allowed_to_publish_and_sell_songs_I_created_with_Music_Studio.3F
Image Image
Alex

Postby MixMasterMatt99 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:23 am

Alright, thanks guys :)
MixMasterMatt99

Return to General discussion