Hip Hop Demo

Share your songs with others.

Hip Hop Demo

Postby TecWeed » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:29 am

XMS' reputation as an excellent production system for classical, rock, world and other conventional styles remains unmatched. But folks out there mostly think that as far as electronic music is concerned, they'd better use specific beatmaking or electronic synth apps.
I've created a little demonstration of how nice a Hip Hop beat can sound on Music Studio if you use your instruments correctly.
Because also in that style, XMS has the following bonus: It isn't just the "beats" you create, but you can make your beats sound more musical, more lively.
Please let me know what you think, the XMS file will be uploaded when ready.

Demo - Classical HipHop.zip
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 600 times
Using Music Studio on an iPod touch 2G (16GB iOS4).
My YouTube
TecWeed

Re: Hip Hop Demo

Postby Alex » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:45 am

Awesome! Please post the xms file, we'd like to include it as a demo song with the next update.
Image Image
Alex

Postby TecWeed » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:07 am

XMS file.

EDIT: Wrong file. The right file can be found several posts below.
Attachments
Demo - Classical HipHop.xms
(46.75 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Last edited by TecWeed on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube
TecWeed

Postby speakingbeast » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 am

Wow, Excellent work here!! I'm downloading the xms file right now to see how you obtained such a full sound. Great job on this! :D
speakingbeast

Postby solopro » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 am

That came out real good...tight work!!! Just wondering if you could help with a problem I'm having. Is there any way to control the fx of each track without worrying about messin' up the fx on the other tracks up? I'm very impressed with this software, just felt a little mislead when it came to the instruments - it was implied that the full version included a bunch more instruments, where you have to purchase more, in actuality but you seemed to have mastered instruments for this program but I couldn't figure out how to open the xms file? Hope you can help - Thanks in advance - SOLO
solopro

Postby TecWeed » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks for your feedback, solo.
An FX bus for each individual track would consume too much CPU and slow down your device, I'm afraid. The only effects that work individually are attack, volume, release and pitchbend.

Yesterday I realized that I had uploaded the wrong xms file. It's from an earlier version.
Please, download this one:
HipHop2.xms
(62.01 KiB) Downloaded 422 times

To open it, create a WiFi network and connect your iDevice to it. Then, in the "projects" tab, hit the "server" button. Then open a web browser (firefox, safari etc.) on your PC/Mac and type in the URL (in the address list) that the message gives you. A list with all the files on your Music Studio will appear. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and upload the xms file to your iDevice.

About the instruments: I checked and discovered, that the requirement to purchase the other instruments was actually mentionend in the first sentence of the actual description. At least that's the case in the German translation. By buying the entire package right away, you can save 34.54 USD.
My YouTube
TecWeed

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:10 am

An FX bus for each individual track would consume too much CPU and slow down your device

We're working on that :)
Image Image
Alex

Return to Showcase