A Western Glory -A Symphomic Orchestral Piece

Share your songs with others.

A Western Glory -A Symphomic Orchestral Piece

Postby Sirderp101 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:04 am

Starting the New Year off with my strongest, most diverse piece yet: A Western Glory.
https://soundcloud.com/sirderps101/a-western-glory
What makes this piece my best one yet?
Well...
First off, the chord structure of the piece is much more advanced. In my previous songs I usually worked around 4-6 different chord progressions. With this song however, I focused on shaping the chords along with the melody instead of sustaining regardless of what is being played.
Key changes are much more fluent. In the past, I'd make my song, usually in the same key, until the end, then I would bump the whole entire song up 3 half steps or so and end there. With this piece, I sought to include many different keys throughout. I also tried my best to make the transition sound natural and smooth. Not all of the transitions are fabulous, but I'm sure I'll get better at it later.
The harmonic lines are more of a thing in the song. I usually only ever did a simple 3 not chord with the melody on top. Not this time though! Throughout I have added different styles of harmonic lines, whether if it's supporting the chord structures or playing against the melody. It just adds more characteristic to the overall sound.
Different themes throughout. I consider the first theme you hear to be the main theme of the whole entire song. Beyond that, I included my attempt at a chase scene, and a heroic-ish like theme after. I modeled the whole song to sound like a movie soundtrack. It takes place in the Wild West, (Main Theme), then there are bad guys chasing the good guys (Queue Chases Scene Music), and then the main hero walks in (Heroic music), then everyone lives happily ever after (Main Theme Again).
Finally, Tempo changes. From the start I wanted different sections to be different tempos. Since the app doesn't have a temp change function (Yet) I had to find another way. After completing the song, I went in and made a copy of each part that would be at a different tempo, saved them separately with their individual tempos. I then converted them all into wav. formats and put them into order. It's tedious but rewarding at the end. If you're curious, there are 15 temp changes throughout.
Last edited by Sirderp101 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirderp101

Re: A Western Glory -A Symphomic Orchestral Piece

Postby Midisound » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:29 am

Work of high creativity and quality. Technically impeccable. Just to say something not so positive is that made lack a more appropriate reberberacion and some low tones in some instruments: but this is just a matter of personal taste.

How long have you needed to do it?
Midisound

Postby Sirderp101 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:26 am

Midisound wrote:Work of high creativity and quality. Technically impeccable. Just to say something not so positive is that made lack a more appropriate reberberacion and some low tones in some instruments: but this is just a matter of personal taste.

How long have you needed to do it?

I should probably look into some 3rd party instruments later. I only had one and that was to strengthen the horn solo a bit. The stock instruments aren't all bad but the tones throughout them can be rough. I see where you're getting at, definitely on my to-do list for my next song though. :D

How long have I needed to do what?

Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated.
Sirderp101

Postby Midisound » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 am

Excuse me, I have transmitted a sentence in Spanish that does not have the same English translation.

I was referring to how long you have made your musical composition.
Midisound

Postby Sirderp101 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Midisound wrote:Excuse me, I have transmitted a sentence in Spanish that does not have the same English translation.

I was referring to how long you have made your musical composition.

I spent around 2 weeks working on the song if that's what you meant.
Sirderp101

Postby Midisound » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:16 am

exact. That was what I was asking
Midisound

Postby TripMX » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:55 pm

This composition "A Western Glory" is extraordinary! I can definitely tell that a crazy amount of work and time has been put into this glorious song! The three movements all something unique, and the sound quality is very nice! I wonder how long it took you to finish this song, and did you use anything outside of Music Studio to complete this one?
TripMX

Postby Sirderp101 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:15 pm

I spent around 2 weeks working on the song. About 4 days were spent splitting it up and organizing them into their different tempo sections. The only outside instrument I used was a horn solo, similar to the one already in music studio, just softer. It's only there to strengthen the horn solo all together.
Sirderp101

Postby belon_cfy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Bravo , very impressive with your composition , truly amazing. :D
belon_cfy

Return to Showcase