Instrument Samples Quality vs. Paid Version

General discussion about Music Studio Lite.

Instrument Samples Quality vs. Paid Version

Postby DragonHorse » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to check whether the sample sets used in the Lite version are at the same frequency and bit-rate as for the paid version?

The reason I ask is that, while I like the app so far and am ready to buy the full version, I find the sound quality to be low (I could be missing a setting of course too). Essentially they sound grainy as if they were recorded at 8-bit rather than 16-bit, and perhaps at a lower frequency too. I mainly notice on the Grand Piano (more of a background hiss there too).

It's far from horrendous, but it would be nice if its better in the paid version.

Thanks in advance for your help
DragonHorse

Re: Instrument Samples Quality vs. Paid Version

Postby Alex » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi, thanks for your interest in Music Studio!

The full version includes 3 Grand Pianos. "Grand Piano Hall", which is not included in the Lite version, has the best quality.

All samples were recorded at 44kHz 16bit, but in order to keep the size of the instruments small, one sample is used for multiple keys. If the base key (the original sample's key) is a few notes away from the key that you play, the pitched sample might sound a little bit distorted.

Anyway, the full version includes all instruments of the Lite version (1:1), plus many more better sounding instruments :)
Image Image
Alex

Re: Instrument Samples Quality vs. Paid Version

Postby DragonHorse » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Great, thanks for confirming that Alex; I'm off to the app store again then :)
DragonHorse

Return to Lite Version