Can you somehow get your lite tracks into the pro version

General discussion about Music Studio Lite.

Can you somehow get your lite tracks into the pro version

Postby MurielKH » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:04 pm

I started using the lite version a few days ago and made a song.
Now I bought the pro version and I would like to know wether I can somehow move that song to the pro app to save it.
I really hope someone can help me because it's probably going to take quite a while to make that song again.
Thanks in advance.
MurielKH

Re: Can you somehow get your lite tracks into the pro versio

Postby Alex » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Sorry but there is no way to transfer the Lite versions's song to the full version. We will think about how we could add this functionality in a future update, though.
Image Image
Alex

Postby MurielKH » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Ok but thanks for answering
MurielKH

Postby GregoryOR » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:50 am

I'm in the same situation. Obviously you can't solve the issue in time to save my song, but it sucks to have to redo a song, so I would highly recommend finding a solution for people who bought the pro version because they were successful using the free version.
GregoryOR

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 am

We found an easy solution, however the next update is still more than a month away.
Image Image
Alex

Postby dpaile » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Same situation. My Lite track is wanted for a record, so I bought the full version. Anxiously waiting for that solution!!!
dpaile

Postby musicstudiomike » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:19 am

This was a while ago... Was their ever a solution for this... Aomth would have been May or June 2011 for this item.

by Alex » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:58 am
We found an easy solution, however the next update is still more than a month away.
Alex

musicstudiomike

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:41 am

Yes, it's possible since version 2.0!

- Update both Music Studio and Music Studio Lite to the current version (2.0.2)
- In Music Studio Lite in the projects screen, there's a new button "Transfer files to full version"
- If this button doesn't appear, quit and restart Music Studio Lite like this:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=12#Four_steps_to_resolve_most_issues

Here's a short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t03kH-6w5I
Last edited by Alex on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Alex

Postby musicstudiomike » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Thank You for your quick reply!!!

Gave you guys a great writeup on the itunes review... haha... so did everybody else. LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I'm an old school programmer (don't deal with this young gun object oriented make your head hurt stuff) , and old school musician... and I'm just MUCH APPRECIATIVE of what you/you guys have produced that operates on a phone for God's Sake.

My son had been toying with garage band on his iPad2 and I told him man I'm not hitting any sounds that like inspire, you know that you hear and it evokes an emotion like yeah I can create something or even yeah that sound is cool. Just on a whim I was reviewing music recording apps the other day and ran into MusicStudio on a review... I hit the road on my own review of MusicStudio and I told my son dude you've got to put this lite version on your iPad 2 NOW and try it. 2 hours later he was still toying with it and he's not near the composer I am though he picks stuff up quick. Being the old school musician who programmed back in the days of the ENSONIQ SQ-80 keyboard work station, Alessis D4 (drum rack), and Korg X5DR (keys rack), Ensoniq Mirage (sampler rack), Emu Systems Proteus (keys rack)... etc. MusicStudio was a PURE DELIGHT to run into.

Keep up the GREAT WORK and developing fresh sounds... love my iphone 4 but might just be headed out to Guitar Center to take a swing at one of those little Akai SynthStation 25's... maybe.

Thanks (did I say that already) again for such a delightful piece of software.
PS... I would love to read some more about you / how the company started, etc., sometime.
musicstudiomike

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks! It's early in the morning here in Austria and this already made our day ;)

PS... I would love to read some more about you / how the company started, etc., sometime.

I'm a hobby pianist / keyboarder / audio engineer and I studied physics until the day the App Store came out ;)
In early 2009 we started developing a piano app which quickly grew into a DAW...now we're a small team doing mostly Music Studio updates for 2 years straight now J
Image Image
Alex

Return to Lite Version