Audio stuttering?

General discussion about Music Studio Lite.

Audio stuttering?

Postby Jusav » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi,

I recently got rid of my old iPhone 4S and bought an android phone, and now I'm looking for a good music making app for it. I installed the Music Studio Lite, and I must say that I'm very impressed with the sound quality, especially the flute makes me want to get all the instruments enabled.

But I'm having one problem. I'm getting some strange crackling or snapping sounds when playing instruments. Usually I don't hear these immediately when I start the app and start playing, but sooner or later they start to appear, and at that point the only way to get rid of them is to go out of and back to the program; after that I can again play normally for a while.
Sometimes the snaps sound really violent and are louder than the actual audio, which is quite unpleasant if not even harmful.

I don't know if this is what the user manual refers to as audio stuttering, but if it is, I don't understand why it happens. Although my phone is a cheapish Chinese one (UMI Max), its specs are not that bad; it has octa core CPU running at 2 GHz, 3 GB of RAM and Android 6, so I thought it should be quite capable for this kind of use.
Also, I notice that I'm usually not getting the crackling when I'm just playing back what I have recorded, but it happens mostly when I'm playing instruments with the keyboard. And also, I have not been able to confirmm that increasing or decreasing the polyphony or reverb quality has any significant effect on this.

For comparison I have installed also some other music apps on my phone, namely Stagelight, RD4 Groovebox Demo and Opus #1 Free (church organ app). Playing with the Stagelight and RD4 I'm not getting any such crackling, but with the Opus #1 there are some similar snaps, although not nearly as much as with Music Studio.
So I'm quite puzzled with what this crackling means. It seems that it is not a general problem in my device's audio output, but then again it's not happening only in Music Studio either.

Do you have any idea of what may cause this problem and what things I could try to get it resolved? I would really like to buy the full version, but this issue is quite nasty. And I assume that if I have the problem with the Lite, it will be present also in the full version, am I right?

Thanks in advance!

J
Jusav

Re: Audio stuttering?

Postby John0611 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:43 am

that's normal for android, I always have that clicking sounnd when I use my phone, butif you don't use an earphone the popping sound should dissappear
Visit johnmichaelvillaber.bandcamp.com for background music
John0611

Return to Lite Version