Need More Reverb

General discussion about Music Studio.

Need More Reverb

Postby RezaYazdi604 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 am

I've done some sampling on my acoustic dulcimer and then try to play them through my MIDI keyboard.
Although the wav files are each 10 seconds long and the reverb control bar in the instrument menu is at top but the file is played only for 3-4 seconds. I think It's because the duration of the MIDI note on/note off is too short (~1msec). When I press the key for a long time it plays the whole 10 seconds. Is there anyway to add more reverb and play the full wav file even though it receives a note off command 1ms after the note on?
Can I use reverb in the effects to add more reverb?

Thanks for your help
RezaYazdi604

Re: Need More Reverb

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Reverb is the wrong word in this case, your issue is related to the note's release time, not reverb.

The maximum note release time in Music Studio is 3 seconds, there's no way to increase it further I'm afraid.

The workaround is, as you already discovered, to play the notes for e.g. 10 seconds, or to increase the length of all the recorded notes after recording in the piano roll editor. It's just a few taps: Open the editor (all notes are already selected), tap the length button, then slide your finger to the right:
http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=7#Length_button
Image Image
Alex

Postby RezaYazdi604 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:33 am

Thanks Alex. The problem is I use this App for live play mainly so I can't adjust the length :)
Is the 3 seconds a technical limitation of the App or iPhone/iPad? Could it be potentially increased in future versions?

Thanks again for making such a great App.
RezaYazdi604

Postby Alex » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:59 pm

It's not a technical limit, we just set it to 3s in the old days of the iPhone 3G, back in 2009 8-)
"Release times longer than 3s" is already on the list of future features:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409
Image Image
Alex

Return to General discussion