Bug Report or Problem with Saving 4x4 Drum Pads

General discussion about Music Studio.

Bug Report or Problem with Saving 4x4 Drum Pads

Postby chopin_forever » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:24 am

hi im trying to save a 4x4 drum pad custom kit but everytime i switch to new instrument after saving the kit it resets to 4x3 with two missing pads and rearranges the pads which is weird. all drum kits in music studio come in 4x4 so it gotta work but all i can do is 4x3 and cant add any more pads cuz they dont save and it becomes two empty pads by 4x3 and i want 4x4 wth no missing pads that actually save. is it a bug or can this be fixed?
chopin_forever

Re: Bug Report or Problem with Saving 4x4 Drum Pads

Postby chopin_forever » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:38 am

oh i know why now its 4x4 when using an ipad on an iphone its 4x3. this causes a problem with instruments since if you save it on an ipad and someone loads it in there iphone the drum kit gets scrambled up messing up the kit. so ipad = ipad only and iphone = iphone only for instrument distribution. maybe fix it in an update?
chopin_forever

Re: Bug Report or Problem with Saving 4x4 Drum Pads

Postby Alex » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:22 pm

The pad layout (mapping) is not saved with the instrument (or kit), it's saved in the project (.xms) file. So if you create a new project (or add a new MIDI track) and load your user kit, the pad layout will be the default layout, which is different for iPad and iPhone. However, if you save a project on iPad and load it (the project, not just the user instrument) on iPhone, the pad layout should be the same.
Image Image
Alex

Return to General discussion