"official" instrument request thread

Share your sampled instruments and kits

"official" instrument request thread

Postby Maarten1978 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:30 pm

After having created quite a few instruments to suit my own taste and needs, I'd like to hear from other Music Studio users (and the developers of course ;) ) what instruments you would like to see next. Please describe your request as precise as possible and I'll try to create the instrument you're after. I'm looking forward to your input!

Maarten
Maarten1978

Re: "official" instrument request thread

Postby Bianca » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:55 am

Just as a matter of curiosity whats your technique for making instruments?
Bianca

Postby Maarten1978 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:24 am

Well, technique is a big word. I simply look for freely available samples that sound good to my ear and build a sampler instrument from them. I generally don't take samples from commercially available sample libraries. My main sources are soundfonts (I extract the samples with Polyphone as my computer is a Mac), http://www.freesound.org and websites with freely available samples that I happen to find. I usually look for sample libraries that have samples for as many individual notes as possible as this notmally results in a more realistic sounding instrument. But this may result im very big file sizes. I cut the samples as precisely as possible to the zero crossing nearest to the beginning of the sample and occasionally change the volume of individual samples to get a consistent sounding instrument. Recently I've converted samples from 24 to 16 bit to decrease file size, and the samples from the London Symphonic Orchestra (see my mandolin and nylon guitar instruments) are mp3's. Let me know if you need more information about my "rocket science" technique :D Also, I'm interested to learn know how you approach making instruments for Music Studio.
Maarten1978

Postby Bianca » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I tend to get things from soundfonts too. But I just play them from bs16i record them into beat twirl which slices them up. Then export the slices as a zip file Open the zip in Music Studio and then load the slices into the instument maker.

Sounds like what we need is a programme to automatically convert sf2 to instr :)

Mind you if one has FL and FL Studio Mobile I believe you can do exactly that. Then export the FLSTUDIO mobile instr into Music Studio.

but I have a Mac too .......

But maybe someone on here's using FL on a PC .....
Bianca

Postby Mango10 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:38 am

Do you think you can make like a spooky type flute instrument? Idk how else to explain this but one that vibrates, sort of like a vibrating whistle such as those that you hear when a UFO passes. That would be great, I wish there was an instrument like that on music studio. The flute vibrato kind of does it, but I want the vibration to be noticeable.
Mango10

Postby DjSearX » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:26 pm

I would love to have a Drum and Bass "Dirty Bass" in my arsenal of stuff.

Thank u.
DjSearX

Postby Bianca » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:41 am

Mango10 wrote:Do you think you can make like a spooky type flute instrument? Idk how else to explain this but one that vibrates, sort of like a vibrating whistle such as those that you hear when a UFO passes. That would be great, I wish there was an instrument like that on music studio. The flute vibrato kind of does it, but I want the vibration to be noticeable.

Here's one based on the space invaders UFO
Attachments
Ufo.instr
(201.85 KiB) Downloaded 700 times
Bianca

Postby SubZero » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:10 pm

Hey do you have any handpans, hangs, or any variations of a steel drum? If you do I would love it if you could share it and I really enjoy that saw you shared me so if you have any more types of them I would love that as well. Thx - Josh
SubZero

Postby Bianca » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:16 am

How about this?

Original Samples from here

http://www.darkarps.com/hang-drum-multi ... nstrument/
Attachments
HangDrum.instr
(3.83 MiB) Downloaded 766 times
Bianca

Postby Maarten1978 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:05 am

Thanks for the Hang drum instrument Bianca! It sounds nice. Maybe you could update it with some of the flourish samples?
Maarten1978

Next

Return to Instruments and Kits