The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Performance Files/Folders

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Performance Files/Folders

Postby wbpickard » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:24 pm

I am a keys player for a worship band and love the portability of having my midi program on my iPad. However switching between sounds is cumbertsome because you have to scroll up and down to the desired category.

It would be great if you could create custom performance files/folders where you could drag the instruments you need for a specific song or concert into a group on the left hand column of the program, and have a seperate performance screen where an interface almost like the drum pad screen would allow you to quickly and easily jump between piano, pad, and cello without scrolling.

It would also be great to have the ability to split the keyboad between two sounds. I had a song that I needed to play cello and tublar bells at the same time. I had to drop the bells to play cello. It would have been great to have the cello from C4 down and tublar bells from D4 up.

Otherwise this is a fantastic program and everyone in the band turned their heads when I played the piano instrument setting and said how great it sounded!! Excelent samples.

- Brant
wbpickard

Re: Performance Files/Folders

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Thanks for your feedback! I added "Custom instrument folders / favorites" to the list: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409&p=6346#p6346

As a workaround, to quickly switch between instruments during live performance, I prepare a song with several empty tracks and the instruments I require, so I only need to switch the track.

It would also be great to have the ability to split the keyboad between two sounds.

That's already possible: http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/doc/?id=10#Keyboard_split_point
Image Image
Alex

Return to Feature requests