The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Update for composer / arrangers

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Update for composer / arrangers

Postby J037837 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi
I just bought the full version, as I was on tour, working in an arrangement in lite version and wanted a way to export the cello part for the cellist to learn for a new song.

Although now Im supposed to have midi export, I would still have to import using a computer and create a score with another program, I didn't have my laptop with me, and spent some hours trying to find a workaround but in the end gave up and we didn't do the new song..

When you travel a lot, the ability to do those tasks within one piece of software would be really convenient.

So my vote is to add a score editor within the Programme, and to be able to export scores by email - perfect.

That would also attract a market of people who use both notation and piano roll to create and edit, and make the program have a whole new area of use for arrangers without having to buy other apps or use a computer.

Best wishes
J037837

Re: Update for composer / arrangers

Postby Alex » Tue May 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks for your feedback! Score notation is on the list, but I'm afraid it's a topic for a far-future update:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409

You don't need a Mac or PC to view and edit scores. There are good scoring apps for iOS. Select a MIDI file in Music Studio, tap Share, then select "Open with app". Alternatively, upload the file to Dropbox or email it to yourself, in order to open it with another scoring app.
Image Image
Alex

Re: Update for composer / arrangers

Postby Bianca » Tue May 26, 2015 7:46 pm

One worth looking at while you wait .....

Symphonix Evolution by Vinclaro
https://appsto.re/gb/dobSy.i
Bianca

Return to Feature requests