The Music Studio community forum has moved!
This forum is in read-only mode. Please visit the new Music Studio community forum.

Music to MP3?

Official update plan and feature suggestions

Music to MP3?

Postby Stormy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:52 am

This is probably a long shot, but would the devs ever consider allowing us to convert our music files to an MP3 to save to our video library?

I know it may sound silly, and I personally have no issues getting my music out of this app. I just file share it to another application and rip the audio and stuff, but I know not everyone can or may know how to. Some people may think their music is trapped in this app forever, and this just gives them a way to collect their music without some of the more complicated or technical knowledge that may involve using a PC or something. Or for some people who have no idea what the difference between a .wav, .zip, .m4a or .midi file is. And maybe for the video of the MP3 it could be one of those typical colorful backgrounds that flash and change color.

Would something like this be out of the question?
Stormy

Re: Music to MP3?

Postby Alex » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:42 pm

"MP3 export" on the list (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2409), but it's near the bottom because for MP3 export we may have to acquire a license first. We're going to review the MP3 licensing situation after the release of Music Studio 3.

However, saving to the video library is not feasible, but we'll consider saving to the music library in the future.
Image Image
Alex

Postby Bianca » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:29 pm

Sorry to disagree but it is feasible because auxy does it.
Bianca

Postby Stormy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:55 pm

The music library would be a good alternative.

Also, excellent work on this application. I reccomend it to everyone who asks me about music.
Stormy

Return to Feature requests